SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I keep coming back to this damn thread to see if V-Tail got his TP. Disappointment after disappointment. Where's all the damn TP in Florida?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:

"V-Tail" -- Beech???

Sweet -- we have one here (KEET) and hers is blue with white leather where yours is green.

Thanks for the pic -- old A&P's enjoy them.
Well, if you had looked in the shade hangar area north of the FBO building at KEET from 1995 through 1999, you would have seen my N8824M on weekdays.

I was doing software development work for BellSouth on contract, during that four year period. I would depart KEET on Friday afternoon each week, fly home to spend the weekend with my wife at home in the Orlando area, and return to Alabama Sunday evening or early Monday morning to work for the week.

Would have, but didn't start with them until 2009. Also, hers had tip tanks -- every annual had to replace leaking sump valves -- expensive Beech parts.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I need to know if V Tail finally got TP.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:

Went to Costco for early Geezer shopping. Sign at the door said they had some, so I got in line.

Half hour later, line had moved, I was almost in the door, they announced that they had run out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Went to Costco for early Geezer shopping. Sign at the door said they had some, so I got in line.

Half hour later, line had moved, I was almost in the door, they announced that they had run out.

So yer saying youse was Shit outta luck...

If you are down to the nub, tired of using palm fronds I could be persuaded to ride over an bring a few rolls from the private stash,

Payment should be in chic-fil-a sammiches, prefer hot with pickles... One per roll, 4 roll limit, no coupons or discounts.

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
quote:

So yer saying youse was Shit outta luck...

If you are down to the nub, tired of using palm fronds I could be persuaded to ride over an bring a few rolls from the private stash,

Payment should be in chic-fil-a sammiches, prefer hot with pickles... One per roll, 4 roll limit, no coupons or discounts.
Getting lower, but not yet critical. I will give you a shout if the situation becomes really shitty.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/OCmuATH2yzo [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t know if you’ve got Kroger in your neck of the woods, but up here in N. Indiana we’ve been able to add one 12-roll TP pack to our grocery order for pickup and get it for several weeks now. I’ve added about 36 rolls to the stash over the last month or so.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Is this a bad time to mention that I just cracked open my untouched case of Charmin Ultra Strong that I’ve had since December?
I have two teenage girls, I stack TP deep.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t know if you’ve got Kroger in your neck of the woods
Far as I know, there isn't one within 100 miles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I keep coming back to this damn thread to see if V-Tail got his TP. Disappointment after disappointment. Where's all the damn TP in Florida?
There is plenty in most of FL, but there is a 100NM TP exclusion zone around V-tail, apparently.

quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Yes indeed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Is this a bad time to mention that I just cracked open my untouched case of Charmin Ultra Strong that I’ve had since December?

Ultra Strong? Ugh. Heathen.

Charmin Ultra SOFT is where it's at.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, did you get any TP yet?!?!?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My local Costco had plenty, in fact they had a lot, this morning at Geezer Time, which is the hour for us Seniors, the hour before the general population is allowed in.

I noticed they had the big huge institutional or gas station sized rolls in stock.

If Mr V-Tail would gas up his bug smasher plane and take a trip to OKC I’d have plenty to fill it up for him.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Getting lower, but not yet critical. I will give you a shout if the situation becomes really shitty.

We took a trial run last night, out through Apopka past the Citrus processor and up 441 by the Aeropuerto de V-Tail. Looks to be an approximate 45 minute run, give or take 15 depending on traffic. Approximate payload capacity is a full pack of Charmin.

In case you get low, estimating a couple of hours time to haul the load to the Hangar....

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
We took a trial run last night, out through Apopka past the Citrus processor and up 441 by the Aeropuerto de V-Tail. Looks to be an approximate 45 minute run, give or take 15 depending on traffic. Approximate payload capacity is a full pack of Charmin.

In case you get low, estimating a couple of hours time to haul the load to the Hangar....
Planning to be in line for early Geezer shopping hour at Costco mañana por la mañana.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
So I thought this toilet paper hoarding thing was some kind of joke. Purposely went out today just to see if it was true. Visited Krogers, Safeway, Walmart, Bashas. Yep, the toilet paper aisles were all wiped out. You would think that this corona virus would have people hoarding over the counter cold and flu medicines but Nooo!!!! IT'S TOILET PAPER!!!! WTF!!!! YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE GOING TO SHIT YOURSELVES TO DEATH IF YOU GET THE CORONA CRUD???

Well, in a couple of European countries, as well as Iran, they didn't have toilet paper. A "pitcher" full of water to rinse it.

When I was on advisory duty in Iran, we finally got the embassy co-op store to stock the paper.

And there were virtually no commodes as such, either. Squat, aim and ….

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, sent you an email. Please check your junk box if it doesn't show up in your inbox.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:

V-Tail, sent you an email. Please check your junk box if it doesn't show up in your inbox.
Got it, I'll reply shortly.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים