SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Overheard last half of a (local ?) news report that a store is refusing to take TP back -- TAKE THAT you fucking hoarders Big Grin

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Why would they try to return TP? No hoarder I have ever met gets rid of stuff. Second did they stop shitting or something?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Actually, they probably needed the money to hit the Vape Loft or buy liquor.

Or their spousal-unit got in that ass & said to "empty the garage, ass hole".

Tinyman

till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Why would they try to return TP? No hoarder I have ever met gets rid of stuff. Second did they stop shitting or something?
They probably mean that sooner or later, this shortage that is fueled by hoarders will be over. There will be plenty of toilet paper to go around. At that point, the hoarders who have hundreds of rolls might want to return the excess for a refund. The stores are saying "no, that's not going to happen, there will be no refunds, so don't buy more than you need."

Much like the hardware stores that say, during hurricane season, there will be no refunds on hurricane supplies.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
When TP disappeared, I placed two orders from Wish. Even though we had enough for the time being, who knew what the future would bring?

You could say I was part of the problem. A month later, the first order I placed on March 24th arrived yesterday. The other order arrived on April 8.

These will now live in my preps for Pandemic 2.0

After some reflection, I have created a spreadsheet of items to shore up the remainder of my preps.

Here is my lessons learned list to atone for contributing to the problem, many are obvious but I didn't want to forget:
N95 Masks 400-600
Aloe and Alcohol
Hand sanitizer
Unscented Bleach
Clorox Wipes
Freezer Beef/Chicken Refresh quarterly
TP - Bidet attachments
Paper Towels
Ammo
Dehydrated Meals
Water Filter

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]They probably mean that sooner or later, this shortage that is fueled by hoarders will be over. There will be plenty of toilet paper to go around. At that point, the hoarders who have hundreds of rolls might want to return the excess for a refund. The stores are saying "no, that's not going to happen, there will be no refunds, so don't buy more than you need."[/QUOTE]

You silver-toungued devil -- that's what I was trying to say.

BTW, the "V-Tail" -- Beech???

Tinyman

till the light comes on

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
National shortage of diapers now...so far it looks like it is affecting babies only...for now... Wink

Apparently, there is a "diaper bank" for those in need...

...but, this begs the question as to how this affects those who use adult diapers?

Parents Seeing Diaper Shortage Caused by Coronavirus 'Panic Buying'

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:

"V-Tail" -- Beech???

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
No hoarder I have ever met gets rid of stuff.

Preppers don't get rid of stuff. Hoarders react emotionally to the moment, and change their behavior as the wind shifts.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I'm guessing it's some jerk that bought up everything they could thinking that they could resell it for a huge profit, then realized after shipping, selling fees or whatever, that it wasn't worth the time to sell it and NOW they're stuck with it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I forgot about the V-tail. It could provide air support for the S.F.T.P.T.F.

Brilliant.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TP is on the shelves again today (well, technically yesterday now).

Hand sanitizer is beginning to make a comeback, with several new brands on the shelves.

Even found 8 oz bottles of germX.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Made a run to Costco on Friday and when I finally got through the social distancing maze the first thing one of the employees in the store did was throw a 30 pack of toilet paper in my buggy.... On the way to my car after buying (stocking up) with a number of items... $300+ a guy offered me $100 cash for the pack of TP.. I figure he was joking and just kept moving on...

Oh and speaking of hand sanitizer... friend sent me a link to this tribute to a guy who was famous for making hand sanitizer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...kJQ&feature=youtu.be

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I went to Costco yesterday for my semi-annual trip. I needed kitchen trash bags, and hoped to find paper towels.

They had paper products (towels, TP, facial tissue, etc.) stacked in the aisles! Foot traffic was directed one-way on either side of the stacks. I was going to pass on the TP, but chose to join the crowd and picked up a pack.

I've done my math: Living alone, and being frugal with TP, I estimate I use about eight sheets a day. A roll of Costco TP is 425 sheets, so my "stash" of five rolls I estimated would last me nearly nine months. I guess buying the 30-pack now makes me a hoarder...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tinyman:

"V-Tail" -- Beech???

Sweet -- we have one here (KEET) and hers is blue with white leather where yours is green.

Thanks for the pic -- old A&P's enjoy them.

Tinyman

till the light comes on

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:

"V-Tail" -- Beech???

Sweet -- we have one here (KEET) and hers is blue with white leather where yours is green.

Thanks for the pic -- old A&P's enjoy them.
Well, if you had looked in the shade hangar area north of the FBO building at KEET from 1995 through 1999, you would have seen my N8824M on weekdays.

I was doing software development work for BellSouth on contract, during that four year period. I would depart KEET on Friday afternoon each week, fly home to spend the weekend with my wife at home in the Orlando area, and return to Alabama Sunday evening or early Monday morning to work for the week.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We went to Costco for Vodka, Kirkland American, saw folks walking out with paper towels, and being down to the last few rolls, picked up a couple of cases, it was gone in a Noo Yawk second...

That and some other supplies, VTail it's time to start prepping for Hurricane season, might as well get a jump on water, canned food, etc with all the shortages now, we'll be in deep crap if we don't prep now...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We went to Costco for Vodka, Kirkland American, saw folks walking out with paper towels, and being down to the last few rolls, picked up a couple of cases, it was gone in a Noo Yawk second...

That and some other supplies, VTail it's time to start prepping for Hurricane season, might as well get a jump on water, canned food, etc with all the shortages now, we'll be in deep crap if we don't prep now...

That's ALL we need here in Florida this year. If we get a hurricane this season on top of this, the only businesses still left will be grocery stores and hardware stores.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]That's ALL we need here in Florida this year. If we get a hurricane this season on top of this, the only businesses still left will be grocery stores and hardware stores.

You forgot liquor stores and whorehouses. They always do well after a storm.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

You forgot . . . whorehouses.
Is the piano player job open?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים