SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could use the situation to your advantage. Buy up all the TP you can and resell it. You could call it Buttcoin.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Mic drop...

Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I dunno, I lost some money on Bitcoin so I don’t think I’d do well with Buttcoin Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Folks hitting the Publix near me seem to be in control, the food that's sold out is of course bread, eggs, frozen veggies.

Bought 4 bags of frozen bread/ rolls, normally use it to make Pepperoni Rolls, but it works out good, we can pull a couple of biscuits out, pop in the toaster oven and freshish bread, no waste from bread going bad.

Good news Cheetos were BOGO so I got two bags of those as well.

Based on Jeffs comments on suppliers of dog food we advanced the pre-order on the dog food from Chewy to today, and got an email they are backlogged filling orders. No problem we have enough left for the month.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I'm sure with a few phone calls I can a licensed A+P mechanic in Florida to start on the job this week
How about we make a deal: I don't tell you how to fix your canoes, and you don't tell me how to fix my airplane.

There is a reason that the shop has a waiting list. They are the best in the area.

"you shouldn't be waiting months for someone to start fixing your airplane IF you have been good to them and are a good customer. My point is, with his decades of being an instructor, one would think he should know several A+P certified shops and mechanics and one of them would put him at the top of the list."

So, you are saying that I should try to push my way to the front of the line, when other customers have been waiting patiently? Really? What if you were one of the people who were on the schedule, and somebody pushed in front of you? Is that how you do business, Jimmy? Just as long as you get what you want, and screw everybody else? Is that what you are suggesting that I do?

That might be your way of doing things. Not mine. I want this shop to do the work because they are the best in the area. I will show the same consideration to those ahead of me in line, as I would expect from them.

Deal: I won't tell you how to fix your flying lawnmower.

I know and you know, but most on the forum don't know that probably at least 80% of the airplanes your A+P works on, and yachts are strictly recreational and mostly sit around and get used 1 day a month and the owner uses it to fly around in a big circle, or go out on it for a day to a restaurant. Some are commercial planes people use for business just like some yachts are charter yachts, but it makes up a small portion of it. The serious charter flight companies and charter yacht fleet companies, have their own full time licensed mechanics and a shop.

Rarely ever, do I ever ask for someone to come out right away and push someone off unless it is a dire emergency. IE an owner has a 700NM 14 day trip to the far Bahamas with his family of 6, that has to leave in 2 days and they have their flights purchased etc. etc.

This situation the owner has 8 of the top leaders from his large company flying in from NY on his jet and they are using the boat the following night for however long they're here as a floating hotel behind their house for some of the people and the master stateroom a/c stopped working and it's hot outside and given the Corona Virus situation they want to stay away from hotels etc. . The company needs to stay open because it sells all sorts of first aid type items and safety items to the entire country.

What I am saying is if you have a good working relationship, and being an instructor I would guess you recommend certain A+P shops to new owners over the years. That they would give you some sort of priority over customers that have/need non-essential work being done, or a plane that never flies and just sits around for sale, or one an owner rarely uses.

I have excellent working relationships with the owners/or directors of operations of all of the vendors I hire/work with/ or for. Most of the time, the dealers/vendors schedule me right away without me asking. Just like they would any other good commercial account that has done a lot of business with them for almost 2 decades. At the same token, they've called me in the past and told me "Hey we have a charter yacht that has a 2 week charter in 2 days (or a manufacturer) can we re-schedule your annual maintenance for the following week instead of tomorrow. I'll always say yes, if the owner has nothing scheduled, which is most of the time.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Publix's here in South Florida have been out of most all meat and produce (as well as all of the TP/Paper Towels/Kleenex) and the people at Publix told me, part of it is they're facing people calling out of work to babysit their kids. Truck drivers and stockers not coming to work, are effecting them the most.

Also people are buying a lot more food, because those that would normally eat out a lot, are now not and cooking at home. A Sysco rep (restaurant purveyors) told me that they're seeing a lot less orders and really stacked with food, and if all of the restaurants close the company is going to give the food (perishables) to food banks and things of that nature as it's not packaged for sale to the public (ie grocery stores).

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

at least 80% of the airplanes your A+P works on . . . are strictly recreational . . . priority over customers that have/need non-essential work being done
How well do you know the shop that I use? How do you KNOW that "at least 80% ... are strictly recreational?" Even if true (which it is not), what gives me the right to barge in ahead of them, with a job that will take at least two weeks? What gives you the power to decide what is non-essential?

Why don't you stick to something you actually know?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well you know V-Tail, what a lot of people just cannot grasp is; it's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground.

They also cannot grasp why maintenance is also a practice of patience. Just ask John Denver.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

at least 80% of the airplanes your A+P works on . . . are strictly recreational . . . priority over customers that have/need non-essential work being done
How well do you know the shop that I use? How do you KNOW that "at least 80% ... are strictly recreational?" Even if true (which it is not), what gives me the right to barge in ahead of them, with a job that will take at least two weeks? What gives you the power to decide what is non-essential?

Hey now, he's on a roll here. He's about to take a three hour tour with Jonas Grumby. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Why John Denver? His accident was a result of a fuel tank switch failure, which itself was caused by a very un-ergonomically designed valve control on his experimental plane.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ The switch didn’t fail, it was hard to reach from the pilot’s seat. Denver took off with low fuel to begin with and wasn’t even legal to fly. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen if you read the story of how he died.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Where's the holy thread drift Batman, meme?

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Where's the holy thread drift Batman, meme?

Because in air, there is no TP - and they won’t hear you scream.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^ The switch didn’t fail, it was hard to reach from the pilot’s seat. Denver took off with low fuel to begin with and wasn’t even legal to fly. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen if you read the story of how he died.

Yes, that's what I meant. I didn't write that very clearly, lol. And drifting the thread.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I actual do know a bit about the recreational airplane industry. Almost all of my customers own recreational airplanes and/or business jets and I fly on them often. Heck, one of the mates that works for me owns a Malibu and one of my buddies is the Director of Operations for one of the largest jet charter companies. My father had a private plane, my uncle had a charter business with 4 planes, etc. I also know what type of plane you have. A very old, single engine, piston propeller plane. An A&P shop that specializes in jets or turbo props isn't generally going to work on old piston aircraft. An A&P shop that does mainly work on piston prop planes does have some commercial airplanes they work on such as banner planes, sky dive planes, crop dusters and a few piston charter planes, but your one owner private recreational plane is their bread and butter and makes up the largest percentage of their business by far.

That being said, I NEVER said or implied for you to barge in there and request to be put at the head of the line. I simply implied that, since you are an instructor for many decades and plane owner, that you would have the relationship with your A&P shop that they would give you preference on their own. Just like any family doctor would give someone preference (without asking) who has been going to them for 20 years preference over joe shmoe.

Most business or charter jets or turbo props are going to go to the manufacturers facility for annuals and any work, such as taking their Emraer jet to Embraer's facility in Tampa,FL or their TBM to Dahers TMB facility in Pompano Beach,FL, or their Gulfstream to the Gulfstream service center in Palm Beach,FL. Not your local A&P that specializes in piston engines.

And why don't you stick to not making cheap shots at other people at any remote opportunity you have on things you clearly know nothing about. OR, did you forget the cheap shot you took in the thread about ALDI, you mentioned the cashier used hand sanitizer between each customer with this Corona Virus and I mentioned why ALDI doesn't simply use cheap disposable latex gloves between customers like Subway does. The CDC clearly states that hand sanitizer isn't all that effective for killing all germs and in a setting where people are handling food. Whereas cheap throw away gloves (which aren't in short supply) are almost 100% effective and just as fast to change between customers, are effective. That's just one of many examples I could mention.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You guys should start a separate thread for your little squabble.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
You guys should start a separate thread for your little squabble.

Remember wipe front to back.....unless using bark, then go with the grain....

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Since the topic is toilet paper, there is some relevance.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Guy I work with said he was at the bar over the weekend and someone stole 4 rolls of TP out of the women’s room.

I work in construction and I’m surprised no one has raided the porta potties since we are a new development with none of the homes finished/occupied.

I read that many grocery stores and Amazon are hiring for temporary positions to stock and deliver.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actual do know a bit about the recreational airplane industry. Almost all of my customers own recreational airplanes and/or business jets and I fly on them often.

Oh! Me too! I rode a ferry boat once and went tubing at a resort so I'm qualified to be a yacht captain - just like you jimmy!!! Yay me!

So that's how it works? I flew in an airplane some and I know people who own them so, ipso facto, I'm a fucking genius about them!! Shit - I bet the military wishes they'd have known this logic rather than spend millions on flight education on me an thousands of others. I knew people who owned planes too and i flew on planes too before i joined up to fly - hell I'm surprised they didn't just move me to the head of the line and send me out to the carrier day 1. And think of the money civil aviation pilots could save using your logic. Hell, scrap the whole testing process, just attest you know someone who owns an airplane and we'll give you a pilot's license. Brilliant!

No one can tell you 'nuthin' bout no areoplanes right jimmy my man? There 'tant nothin' you don't know!!!

I'm so sick of your smarter than though attitude about everything - and I mean everything - you comment on. You're a regular Walter Mitty! I'll wager you know as much about airplanes as you know about hurricane tracks (or don't you remember your brilliant post about how hurricanes could have been deflected if we'd only build more condos on the beach?)

Since this is a TP thread, might I suggest you use some to wipe your mouth jimmy boy - I mean Walter 'cause that's my new name for you...Capt'n Walter - because almost everything you post (and probably say) is complete shit.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post