SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've had luck going to Publix on Sunday mornings around 10am. But this was out east around UCF.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:

V-Tail Have you tried Publix on the senior early hours (Tuesday and Wednesday 7-8am) ? I found a good supply this week here in Georgia.

Do I need to send some to you? I've enough to share.
Yes, have been to Publix for early Geezer shopping, no joy. Walmart has Geezer hours on Tuesday, been there, no joy.

As far as I can tell, there is no toilet paper to be had in the Orlando area. None at all, unless you happen to be in the right place at the right time, but even then there are probably a hundred buyers lined up for every twenty packages.

Thanks for the offer to send, but not quite yet. We are getting low, but not yet critical, have enough for a week or two, hoping to score at Costco (or any place) before we start buying fresh corn on the cob at Publix.

I really can't believe this! As I mentioned, we went through a similar situation when I was working in Spain, but that was due to a strike, and when we drove an hour north into France for a weekend, the local supermarkets had plenty, no Spanish labor unions on strike there, so I brought a bunch back with me.

I would have thought that the panic buying would be over by now. Fucking hoarders, if people just bought what they actually needed, normal buying patterns, there would be plenty for everybody.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I bought my two rolls of paper towels at Pubix and traded with daughter for two mega rolls of TP Smile...I’m thinking about buying some cat litter and just shitting in a litter box...I WILL NOT post pics in the cat thread! Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We're low enough that the wife bought a couple different, never heard of brands of one ply something mislabeled as toilet paper.

Not just thin, the "squares" are rectangles about two thirds what you'd expect a square to be.

Why would anyone make these complete insults to assholes everywhere? Mad Mad Who would sell such a product and hope to have customers come back? Mad Mad Mad May all involved with marketing this stuff have rock hard turds shaped like giant Covid-19 viruses. Mad Mad Mad Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
My wife on the lack of TP." We don't need to worry, we have 20 acres of leaves".

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Have any of you read "The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse" by Fernando "Ferfal" Aguirre? He writes from the perspective of the Argentine financial collapse. two of my takeaways were TP becomes scarce and get cash.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fenris,

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
TP over in the Panhandle, seemed to be about 1/4 stock shelves, some of it 'off brand' but they had Mega Charmin packs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Try Dollar General. Most of the ones around here have it. Albeit the cheap store brand.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try Dollar General.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...460092964#6460092964

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^. You’re not the only one looking for TP, V-tail.

———————————————

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
You’re not the only one looking for TP, V-tail.
If I understand correctly, there is plenty being produced, the problem is in the distribution and retail end.

Group buy? Maybe we can get enough people together to take a full 53' trailer load. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Maybe we need to start something like a S.F.T.P.T.F. (Sig Forum Toilet Paper Task Force).

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

———————————————

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We can provide our own protection.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Distribution would require an armed convoy and it would have to be relay-style at the state borders, given all of the intrastate quarantine orders currently in effect.

I volunteer to cover any route through Maryland.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Distribution would require an armed convoy.
Patton's Command Car for auction

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ohhh! I call dibs on tail gunner in the convoy!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe mojojojo, tailhook, and rhino can provide CAP.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I finally read thru this thread and must now put in my TP story.

TP Evangelism

About three weeks before Easter our Church Finance Officer was able to obtain 9600 rolls of commercial toilet paper; originally bound for a business that was closed. The TP was in cases, each roll individually wrapped in paper. The crew, church volunteers, broke down the cases and put 4 rolls of TP and an invitation card in a large zip-lock bag. The invitation card was to watch our Easter Service via the internet. Result: 2800 TP gift packages.

The crew then went forth into the realm, spiraling out from the church, bearing the packages, leaving one on the doorsteps of each house. FYI, this is a real city area not suburbs. We also had members take packages to other housing areas they were familiar with.

Fun project, the kind you do both being concerned for and laughing about the surrounding circumstances. Who would have ever thought they would be making TP gift packages and passing them out to everyone? I personally had a few interesting conversations on my trek, of course maintaining correct social distance.

Unfortunately we were not able to count the number of people that viewed the service, but it may have sparked some interest.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Ohh goodie, we might be facing a real TP shortage. https://www.bloomberg.com/news...l-slowdown-in-canada

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No longer hard to find around here . Disinfectant wipes are almost nonexistent though .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post