SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Evil Empress and I are down to Scotts now. I might as well use emery paper.

BUT

Costco announced that they are going to let first responders and health care workers go to the head of the line, so couple that with my age and I'm planning a direct action for next week

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Haven't needed to buy TP since the hoarding started, but we are now down to the point where I would usually be picking up another case. Luckily, TP is starting to stay on the shelves a little longer around here. Most folks that were panicked seem to be happy with their 2-ply war chest, so its less of a ghost-town in the paper goods aisle.

I could use some more tissues though. With all the plants fucking right now, my allergies have been in full swing.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Scored yesterday at Costco. They had 30 roll Charmin TP (the good shit!) and the big package of Bounty PT.

Still no hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol anywhere but I have sanitizer as I overpaid for some rootsy tootsy version from a cosmetics company.

I can wipe my ass in piece and enjoy my shits for 6 weeks now. No more hunting for shit paper or PT's to "sanitize" my kitchen.
Thirty rolls will last you six weeks? You are going through five rolls per week?

What are you eating? Must be REALLY high in fiber.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^ Just have him send you a stool sample for Pete’s sake. Damn. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
My neighbor who is also a member here dropped by the house Monday with a 6 pack of tickets from Wegman's. He said they have had stock for the past week, limit one per customer.

I had to get some water filters from Home Depot yesterday. They had a pallet of Charmin near the entrance. No price tag. Don't need yet, so just bought my water filters and took off.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Did the weekly grocery trip at 11am today, about 50-60 packs of TP available, including Charmin and other varieties with 6 / 9 roll packs, limit 1.

I picked one up just to delay having to open the mega case.

When I left 25-30 min later, there was still plenty to be had and nobody really clamoring to it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today the stores were FILLED with TP. No empty spots for anything!
Angle Soft, Charmin, Cottonelle, Scott, Great Value, Meijer, etc..

It was like the Chinese Virus had never happened.
Like I was in a dream, but it was reality. I couldn't believe it.

BTW, no limits posted!

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Today the stores were FILLED with TP. No empty spots for anything!
Angle Soft, Charmin, Cottonelle, Scott, Great Value, Meijer, etc..

It was like the Chinese Virus had never happened.
Like I was in a dream, but it was reality. I couldn't believe it.

BTW, no limits posted!

One of my customers is in Honduras. When this all started, he texted me saying he saw pictures on TV with the shelves all empty of toilet paper and he seriously thought it was a joke on Honduras TV. Sadly, I took my own pictures at the grocery store and told him it was real.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm a bad person, I bought some more. I will continue to buy my one allowed pack when they have my preferred brand in stock.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
So who has purchased a new big assed gun safe for safely keeping your new stash?

Home break in burglar: Hmmmmm what to do? Break into the gun safe or the toilet paper safe?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What to do with all that extra tp...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone see the YouTube video on a guy in Australia wanting to return his...

150 packages of 32 roll TP (4800 rolls)
And
150 1 liter bottles of hand sanitizer

https://youtu.be/MyddDQFL0zc

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Scored yesterday at Costco. They had 30 roll Charmin TP (the good shit!) and the big package of Bounty PT.

Still no hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol anywhere but I have sanitizer as I overpaid for some rootsy tootsy version from a cosmetics company.

I can wipe my ass in piece and enjoy my shits for 6 weeks now. No more hunting for shit paper or PT's to "sanitize" my kitchen.

I got my first use of Charmin yesterday in over a month. I was reminded of that little French fucker in Matrix 2. It was like wiping my ass with silk.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down to one pack of four rolls (not counting the deployed rolls) today; spotted a pretty fair stock of Quilted Northern TP at Walmart, and grabbed a six pack of it. They didn't have some of the other items on my short list, so Wegman's was visited too. Again, another fairly good stock of it, and picked up a 12 pack of stuff proudly made in Canada, eggs, cheese, cold cuts, etc. and came home. Was tempted to do a fist pump in Wegman's but...

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Still not seeing any locally. Not in Walmart, not in Costco, not in Publix.

Wife had two hours back-to-back today with no patients, so she slipped out of the office and scouted Dollar General and Big Lots, none at either of those.

Are corn cobs really raspy, or are they soft and tender like Charmin?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Still not seeing any locally. Not in Walmart, not in Costco, not in Publix.

Wife had two hours back-to-back today with no patients, so she slipped out of the office and scouted Dollar General and Big Lots, none at either of those.

Are corn cobs really raspy, or are they soft and tender like Charmin?

It seems to be a Florida thing. Perhaps the Northern states are getting it before it gets this far South, IDK. I live in Pompano Beach. My local Publix hasn't had any paper products at all (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper). Last time I was there was Sunday.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

My local Publix hasn't had any paper products at all (tissues, paper towels, toilet paper).
Publix does have an ample supply of fresh corn on the cob.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's been on the shelf here, not my preferred brand, but it's usually there, worst case it's Scott's. Safeway never has it, but Food Lion does and Costco does if you go early in the morning.

Have you tried a restaurant supply store yet?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Costco does if you go early in the morning.

Have you tried a restaurant supply store yet?
Costco is open an hour early Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for Geezer (that's me) shopping. No joy on toilet paper.

Restaurant supply store? One that I know of in the area, they do not carry toilet paper.

Publix has an ample supply of fresh corn on the cob.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
V-Tail

Have you tried Publix on the senior early hours (Tuesday and Wednesday 7-8am) ? I found a good supply this week here in Georgia.

Do I need to send some to you? I've enough to share.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post