SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I probably have enough toilet paper for a little while. But my wife goes through paper towels like Sherman through Georgia.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a 6 pack of Cottonelle yesterday at the grocery store...

Neighbor offered be a gallon of vanilla ice cream and a pound of ground beef for it Big Grin

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
I found a 6 pack of Cottonelle yesterday at the grocery store...

Neighbor offered be a gallon of vanilla ice cream and a pound of ground beef for it Big Grin

Pretty sure you could get a yak or a pig, hold out for a bit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

They do have plenty of bidets though....

https://www.costco.com/toilets-washlets.html

Anyone try one of these? There are full dedicated units and cheap add-ons. From what I gather, you hook into the toilet supply line so yeah, cold water. Eek Eek
I'm thinking the cleaning efficiency is secondary to reflexive clamping up which may have it's own advantages.

Do these things work?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:

Anyone try one of these? There are full dedicated units and cheap add-ons. From what I gather, you hook into the toilet supply line so yeah, cold water. Eek Eek
I'm thinking the cleaning efficiency is secondary to reflexive clamping up which may have it's own advantages.

Do these things work?

Be warned to read the instructions. I have to add circuits to peoples houses who buy these things and then they call and ask for us to add outlet, I get there and see some of them have really high power requirements and should have their own circuit installed. Especially if your house was built before 2000 and has a shared GFI circuit that covers all bathrooms, exterior, garage, and unfinished areas of the home.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do these things work?

Every toilet in Japan has a bidet (at least what I used). Those ones had heat and they worked real well. The water cleans everything up and just a dab of TP to dry things up and you're good to go. The ones at the factory I was working in had more buttons than the cockpit of the 787 I flew over there too. No idea what most of them did. I wasn't about to get too adventurous pushing buttons.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I heard of someone who moved to Japan and hasn't used toilet paper in two years.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16312 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I probably have over 100 rolls stashed away . But I also supply my 85 yr old mother who cant fight the crowds to shop . If I see it , I buy it . It'll get used .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do these things work?

I just installed one when the TP shortage hit. I've wanted one since I visited Japan on business. It was easy to install. Lucky for me, the way my bathroom is laid out there is outlet on the wall directly next to the toilet room. So I just had to pull the outlet and daisy chain a wire down the wall to a cut-in box.

I really like it. Not a complete replacement for wet-wipes or TP, but it does leave me feeling a lot cleaner between showers.

A luxury, clearly. It's a $300 toilet seat. But for me, money well spent.

If I had to pay somebody to come pull a circuit, probably not.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
I probably have over 100 rolls stashed away . But I also supply my 85 yr old mother who cant fight the crowds to shop . If I see it , I buy it . It'll get used .

And this mindset is why TP is hard to acquire... Folks with 100 rolls already buying more "just because it's there". And then someone comes along who has 1 roll left, and there's none to buy, because TP Johnny who got there 5 minutes earlier decided he wanted 140 rolls in his stockpile instead of a mere 100.

One person doing that is not a big deal. Tens/hundreds of thousands of folks doing it is a big deal.

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Leave it for those who do need it. Use a little of your 100+ roll stockpile for a bit. Then you can buy some more in a month or four, when supply has returned to normal and you only have 75 rolls left.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I guess it must be a regional thing. I bought a pack of my usual brand this morning. I ran out of TP in the upstairs bathroom, so picked up another pack while I was out.

TP of all kinds have been in stock here for a week or more. Hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes are still MIA.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

And this mindset is why TP is hard to acquire... Folks with 100 rolls already buying more "just because it's there". And then someone comes along who has 1 roll left, and there's none to buy, because TP Johnny who got there 5 minutes earlier decided he wanted 140 rolls in his stockpile instead of a mere 100.

One person doing that is not a big deal. Tens/hundreds of thousands of folks doing it is a big deal.

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Leave it for those who do need it. Use a little of your 100+ roll stockpile for a bit. Then you can buy some more in a month or four, when supply has returned to normal and you only have 50 rolls left.
Yup. We are starting to run low, and there is none to be had around here; the most likely cause is the behavior cited by the 100 roll guy (gal?).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30642 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
We get bulk discounts for paper products (tp, napkins, paper plates, etc) for my company through our supplier. Luckily we ordered our 6 month supply back in February before all this nonsense started. Last count we are sitting on over 270 rolls.
We've been letting our employees take whatever they need from the stash since there's none to be found around here.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I scored a package earlier this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Yp0&feature=youtu.be

That's a Sig P239 in 357sig with a DAK trigger and Crimson Trace laser grip by the way.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I used Instacart for the first time because I saw one of our members mention it and got groceries & TP from Costco delivered this morning...no standing in line! I placed my order 1p Wednesday and got it about 8:30a this morning.

*Since I'm working during the day, I can't get to Costco anyways.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But my wife goes through paper towels like Sherman through Georgia.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I will add that wonderful Southern expression to my vocabulary.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you lecturing me because I have 100 rolls of TP , I have to wonder how much ammo you have ? Big Grin And like I said , I supply my elderly Mother , my two kids that sometimes run low because all of them are required to continue to work and can't shop early like a lot of folks . Oh , and I even donated a large pack to the local Food Bank to pass out to the seniors with their food bags . There's a method to my madness and it's not motivated by greed . But thanks for your concern .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well I have 85 rolls, but it's not my fault! I bought a 48-pack, my normal purchase. The next day I rolled down to Target because their website said they have flour in stock- but no flour in stock. On the way out I noticed a shelf half full of TP, and snagged a 36-pack so it didn't have to be a wasted trip.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16312 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those of you lecturing me because I have 100 rolls of TP , I have to wonder how much ammo you have ? Big Grin And like I said , I supply my elderly Mother , my two kids that sometimes run low because all of them are required to continue to work and can't shop early like a lot of folks . Oh , and I even donated a large pack to the local Food Bank to pass out to the seniors with their food bags . There's a method to my madness and it's not motivated by greed . But thanks for your concern .

Not a valid comparison. I’ve spent the last few years stockpiling while ammo was plentiful. Haven’t purchased a single cartridge this year, so I’m not adding to this panic.

Nobody has a problem with you having 100 rolls. It’s that you continue to purchase all you see during the shortage that rubs people wrong.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post