SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here in my neck of the woods right outside Augusta, GA every store is wiped out for toilet paper and most of the food shelves are empty or severely depleted as well. A work buddy of mine has been out of toilet paper at his house (with two adults and four kids) for a few days now. They are using baby wipes and making due while until they can find some. It's only going to get worse as people panic with their hoarder mentality.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
every store is wiped out for toilet paper
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
4 stores tonight. I needed groceries. No TP or PT at Costco/Target/TomThumb/Whole Foods. I hate fucking whole paycheck. No TP or PT anywhere around here. I'm gonna get the fucking virus going to a bunch of stores to find PT.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
As a word of caution...I have been hoarding AR15 magazines...BUT they make terrible toilet paper...the PMags are somewhat less painful to use than the GI aluminum magazines with the sharper edges...the jury is still out on the Lancers Eek...Glock magazines are better...they are sorta like corncobs without the soaking in water thing!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soak them in water? No wonder it's been hurting.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
How did humans survive before TP...?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Leaves?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

Leaves?

And moss, believe it or not. Frown

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has nobody heard of a wash cloth and soap to clean their butts??? Sure, it's a bit of hassle to clean the wash cloths but it can be done. We did that a few years ago when my ill dad was bed ridden and had to be kept in diapers before he passed away.
People are too damn spoiled and lazy these days and it's damn ridiculous to be hoarding toilet paper at all!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
A work buddy of mine has been out of toilet paper at his house (with two adults and four kids) for a few days now.
How a family of 6 doesn't have a case of TP in the house at all times, I just don't understand.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Has nobody heard of a wash cloth and soap to clean their butts???

I don’t plan to switch because I don’t need to, but I remember what my parents did in the days before disposable baby diapers, and there’s evidently still a whole nondisposable diaper movement out there. A pile of cheap washcloths and a bucket to put them in until they’re washed would save many people much angst.

(Amazing the things I never thought I’d ever be discussing.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
A work buddy of mine has been out of toilet paper at his house (with two adults and four kids) for a few days now.
How a family of 6 doesn't have a case of TP in the house at all times, I just don't understand.

You don't understand? How can people have a case of it when it doesn't exist anywhere? People have been hoarding for weeks now. A family of 6 is going to go through a case rather quickly. You want an idea of this? Go to amazon and punch in Charmin and tell us all what you get? It does not exist anywhere around my parts, at all. The stores are finally putting limits on it as assholes have been showing up at the crack of dawn, and filling an entire shopping basket with nothing but toilet paper. Hard for anyone else to buy when people are being hoarding fucks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Two words: Water Slide

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

Leaves?

Leaves of three, let it be!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier this year my first round of chemo and radiation made me very sore. Down there. For awhile I used something my wife bought me, basically a water bottle with a fancy nozzle for use in cleansing. If you fill it with warm water it is comfortable and effective. Lack of TP is the easiest issue to solve in this whole ordeal.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
As I was already in town I stopped at Kroger this morning and followed a couple hobbling in who were probably in their 60's and retired, each taking their own shopping cart, then went straight to the toilet paper isle where there was an employee stocking the shelves from a pallet of cases of toilet paper. People were standing taking them off almost as fast as he put them up. Said couple were studying the cases still unopened and waited.

After getting milk and fresh vegetables (of which there was plenty of) I saw the couple pushing their two carts, each cart had two super bundles of 12 rolls, that's 48 fricking rolls of toilet paper! People like this make me sick.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
quote:

You don't understand? How can people have a case of it when it doesn't exist anywhere? People have been hoarding for weeks now. A family of 6 is going to go through a case rather quickly. You want an idea of this? Go to amazon and punch in Charmin and tell us all what you get? It does not exist anywhere around my parts, at all. The stores are finally putting limits on it as assholes have been showing up at the crack of dawn, and filling an entire shopping basket with nothing but toilet paper. Hard for anyone else to buy when people are being hoarding fucks.

Oh I understand, it's just a lack of for-sight, resiliency, and planning. They live week to week. I have a family of 5 and about 5 years ago I got sick and tired of the "we are out of XYZ" and I put the following on auto monthly orders from Amazon. Stuff that never really goes bad and you will always need --> TP / Paper Towels / Trash Bags / Laundry Detergent / Soap of all variety / Dog Food & treats / etc.

I let it stock up over time and then figured out our rate of consumption and tweaked the delivery months (some every / some every other / etc). It builds up over time, then I skip a month, etc.

My parents were in town for January, so the TP stock depleted, so I ordered more in early Feb. Just last week I received 2 more TP orders from Amazon as I knew my March order would not be fulfilled with everyone freaking out so I ordered early - I know we are good for 1-2 months, even after giving a rack to my son when he went back to school which should last him a month or more.

I'm not hoarding, I'm prepared - I've passed by TP in the local stores; in fact I haven't bought TP or Paper Towels locally in 5 years.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Has nobody heard of a wash cloth and soap to clean their butts???

I don’t plan to switch because I don’t need to, but I remember what my parents did in the days before disposable baby diapers, and there’s evidently still a whole nondisposable diaper movement out there. A pile of cheap washcloths and a bucket to put them in until they’re washed would save many people much angst.

(Amazing the things I never thought I’d ever be discussing.)

Yes.

Get several 5-gallon plastic buckets with lids.
Water, bleach.

From left to right.

First bucket, plain water (rinse, and dump down the toilet as required)
Second bucket, bleach/water, soak.
Third bleach/water, soak.
Fourth bleach/water, soak.
To the wash.

When the first bucket is no longer useful to remove greatest amount of soil, dispose of in the toilet.

When the second bucket is no longer useful to remove the soil, dispose of in the toilet, move third and fourth buckets to the left.
Refill the empty (second) bucket with clean bleach/water, and move to the right (fourth) place. Continual "replenish" and least amount of bleach is used over time.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got back from hitting four stores and barely have six little bags.

Most of it was curiosity, and just to see how the panic is transpiring.

Who knew when I went through Manning SC last Friday I should have bought two packages.

I guess I will be eating more pork chops and start eating red meat again.

Now that we are in a new house and with a smaller refrigerator/freezer so we do not have the capacity like we used to. Plus right we really don't have the money to buy an extra freezer.

On the other hand every time we had stocked up before (dating way way way back in 2003) something bad happens like a tropical storm, hurricane etc.. that knocked out the power for 13 days.

Since the other half just bought a house in a new neighborhood, she has been visiting neighborhood.com or something to get a feel for the area. The other half posted if anyone needed help post a message and we would help. A young lady responded that she has a sick child and her husband is deployed and she cannot leave the house. SO, I have been out looking for supplies in case they run out of something.

This whole thing is crazy.
With the food shortage and everything closing there is no way I am relocating to Bismarck in the next week and a half.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Continual "replenish" and least amount of bleach is used over time.

On the bleach issue, if you can find a swimming pool supply store open, just buy some pool chlorine. Grains or small tabs. Same substance, just cheaper. No bleach or chlorine is good for human consumption, it'll kill you real dead. But for sanitizing, the pool stuff will work just as well.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post