SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    More kidney stones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More kidney stones Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I have managed, in about six months, to go from “stone free” to a 16.7mm stone in my left kidney.

I’m taking the meds, I’m drinking the water, I’m watching the diet (mostly).
You just can’t run from genetics, can you?

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I've had a few. The first was by far the worst. It was stuck and I got a laser up the wrong way to get it out.

The next gave me pain enough to go into the doc, passed it later.

The latest was a little discomfort for a few days before passing.

Having said that, I can't imagine a 16-17mm stone! Hopefully that one stays put.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rustpot, thx for the well wishes.
Y’all have seen my other threads, and read the stories.
I’ve been plagued with kidney stones for well over a decade.
I’ve passed up to a 10mm stone (yes, really)
I wish I could find some magic bullet for these things. Dr. Pearle in Dallas is the accepted expert in the area for these matters. She has helped develop many procedures and protocols for dealing with existing stones, and stone prevention.

The facilities/staff at UT SW Medical Center are top notch. But it is very inconvenient.

Unfortunately I figured out long ago that if something is really wrong with you, you’d better get the hell out of the Texarkana area.

The small ones, anything less than 5-6mm, really don’t even hurt much anymore.
But it still sucks.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I remember your past threads and pics of the stones.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Sorry to hear that. I remember your past threads and pics of the stones.

Doc wants to get this one quick. She thinks she can do it uteroscopically. I’ve had all the other surgeries, and it’s the one I prefer....in early, gone from the hospital by noon, sober and recovered enough by dinner for a meal out.

Maybe I could open a road side stand, sell “home made” jewelry....Smile

posted Hide Post
I can empathize some, really hope something changes and you are not plagued by these!

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Cranberry juice is supposed to help.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

Depends on how much tequila is mixed with it...

posted Hide Post
you need to fire both your nephrologist and your urologist , maybe even think about suing them

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
cranberry helps to prevent an infection, not with stones,

did you find out what type??

I have them regularly, and pass them usually before the get huge and with minimal pain (in addition to the dozens I pass that are tiny)

my last MRI looked like someone shot both kidneys with bird shot

anyway, my Uro says, Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit juice will help coat them and make them pass easier,

and good beer, in moderation of course, not cheap beer,

good luck,

quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

Depends on how much tequila is mixed with it...

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I have been told lemonade may help with kidney stones.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I have had stones twice and it does suck.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
anyway, my Uro says, Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit juice will help coat them and make them pass easier,

My doctor also told me about drinking lemon juice (lemonade, lemon water, etc). I was drinking it everyday until my next dentist appointment. The hygienist asked if I was drinking soda or other acidic drinks. Apparently the acidic lemon juice was taking its toll on my teeth.

You can still drink the lemon juice but follow it with a rinse of plain water if you can. And brush your teeth regularly.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

My doctor also told me about drinking lemon juice (lemonade, lemon water, etc). I was drinking it everyday until my next dentist appointment. The hygienist asked if I was drinking soda or other acidic drinks. Apparently the acidic lemon juice was taking its toll on my teeth.

You can still drink the lemon juice but follow it with a rinse of plain water if you can. And brush your teeth regularly.

I do not like lemon in my tea,

so I drink a glass of orange juice or preferable grapefruit juice every so often,

and I had a Grapefruit IPA last night, so 2 birds,, one um.... stone

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post