SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    One of the worst things about having covid19
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of the worst things about having covid19 Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
This whole loss of taste thing. I wish it was just a loss. So far things that I KNOW taste good, taste nasty. Things that have always tasted nasty, still taste just as nasty.
And of course, feeling like dried hammered shit.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I talked to two friends the other day that have recovered from covid19. Neither had any symptoms except the loss of smell/taste. I noticed your CUT. In poker, there is a similar saying: "Don't cry about the winners you threw away; cry about the losers you kept".

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My taste is fine. But probably 75% of the time I smell smoke. Not cigarette or cigar. Not burning plastic or rubber. More like wood burning. I had a hell of a time sleeping after that started

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sitting here 6 weeks after COVID with a resting heart rate of 150. Cardiologist is working on it. Blood Pressure was nasty too. That we have dealt with.

I did lose smell and taste, but both are back.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
I had it in the middle of last month and I did fine. I had fatigue for a few days and that was about it. No fever, no congestion(head or chest), and no loss of taste or smell. It did create a kind of "tickle" spot in my windpipe that caused me to cough for no reason but that subsided as soon as I started working out again.

On the other hand, my wife didn't fare as well. she had all the classic symptoms: no smell or taste, coughing, major fatigue, lower oxygen levels for a couple of days, some trouble breathing, and a bad headache. She was down for about two weeks. That didn't surprise me as she just isn't as healthy as I am. She doesn't exercise and her family history isn't as good as mine.

So, one household, two people, and two completely different reactions.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did any of you find that any food that had any added salt at all in it, tasted SUPER salty, like someone dumped the entire salt shaker in it? I believe I had COVID in January before everyone knew what it was, and aside from the 103F fever for a day and 101 for a few days, horrible dry cough every few minutes, that lasted 6 weeks, having no energy, aching everywhere, that was one of the symptoms.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Did any of you find that any food that had any added salt at all in it, tasted SUPER salty, like someone dumped the entire salt shaker in it? I believe I had COVID in January before everyone knew what it was, and aside from the 103F fever for a day and 101 for a few days, horrible dry cough every few minutes, that lasted 6 weeks, having no energy, aching everywhere, that was one of the symptoms.

Yep. Lost smell, which affected taste, but buds on tongue were fine. Salt and sweet were over the top.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t I don’t know about “over the top”, but salty is about all that still tastes right. I haven’t tried sweet.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

My pastor had it just before New Years and this was one of his symptoms.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the long run I would think not having a sense of smell could actually be challenging, if not hazardous. It's one of the things we take for granted.

Imagine not being able to smell smoke, chemicals, gasoline, propane markers, etc.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Sitting here 6 weeks after COVID with a resting heart rate of 150. Cardiologist is working on it. Blood Pressure was nasty too. That we have dealt with.

I did lose smell and taste, but both are back.

Artie, have you had a Nuclear Echocardiogram. The one where they inject you with a radioactive dye and have you wait 40 minutes? If you haven't I would suggest that you urgently seek a different Cardiologist. Because there could be a heart valve issue and this type of test will reveal something like that quickly.

Back in October 2018 I had to have a triple bypass and Mitral Valve repair and my issues were revealed by the Nuclear Echocardiogram. Now, I'm back in good health with the exception of the damned arthritis in my wrists and thumbs.

PSS; Hoping the Docs will get you sorted out quickly and have you back into your prime.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Artie, have you had a Nuclear Echocardiogram. The one where they inject you with a radioactive dye and have you wait 40 minutes? If you haven't I would suggest that you urgently seek a different Cardiologist. Because there could be a heart valve issue and this type of test will reveal something like that quickly.

Thanks for the information. I am going for an echo on Thursday morning to check for that issue.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take care Artie and good luck!!!!

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Had it not been for the lost of taste, I would have never known I had it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I got the hypersensitivity to salt too. Taste buds were not knocked out but muted for the first two weeks. And I would kill to be able to take a deep breath again. This head/upper chest congestion really sucks. As does having 5% of normal energy levels and sleeping 15+ hrs a day.
Tested negative at work 12/28. Came home to find my son tested positive after feeling crappy over the weekend. Rest of the family started feeling it during the week... all got tested NYD and all were positive. Got my positive test 1/4. Been hammered since.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Neither my wife nor I lost our sense of taste or smell. Her sister did, but she recovered it a week or so after finally testing negative. I got it three or four days after they did. Even taking precautions realistically if you are in the same house as two others who are fully symptomatic there is real no way to avoid getting it. My case was the most severe but it took her sister longer to test negative. She is a dialysis patient and was getting tested three times a week. Her usual center would let her back until she had two negative tests. For me the worst was chest congestion/cough and fatigue. I bothered to get a pulse ox meter. Was consistently between 87% and 94%. Took a ten days after I tested negative before my cough went away.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, second week is worse. I did pretty much what I wanted around the place last week, fed livestock, cleaned fencerows, etc.

Last night and today I feel like dried, hammered shit. More stuff in my lungs. Touch of fever. Body aches. Fatigue.

I have a pretty serious lung issue, I don’t need to let this get out of control. Been staying on top of nebulizer treatments and taking expectorants. So far that seems to help. Sure does hurt when that stuff tears loose.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
At the very least get a chest Xray.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hudr,

If you can feel phlegm tearing loose and you are dispelling it consistently, you should be OK. However, as ZSM mentioned, a chest X-ray couldn't hurt.

What other supplements/meds are you taking?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post