SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mango Diet Pepsi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mango Diet Pepsi Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
Please note the following before continuing - Diet Pepsi is vastly superior to Diet Coke. If you disagree, you're wrong, but that's a topic for another thread. This bitch is about Diet Mango Pepsi, so without futher ado...

We like Diet Pepsi. Diet Pepsi = good.

We like Cherry. Diet Cherry Pepsi = good.

We like Mango. Diet Mango Pepsi = nasty crap!!!

What the hell, Pepsi?!

(Anyone else try it and have a different opinion?)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Diet soda is the work of the devil. Period.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Diet soda is the work of the devil. Period.

FIFY. Wink

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
ANYTHING is vastly superior to Diet Coke.

ANYTHING from Pepsi is superior to the equivalent Coke product.

No I haven't tried Mango Diet Pepsi, not probably would I. But I'm sure it would be superior to Mango Diet Coke.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Diet anything iz poop

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
As sodas go, I like Diet Pepsi. Diet Coke sucks.

I LOVE mangoes. I was introduced to them fresh off the tree while stationed in the Philippines.

But I must say the combination does not sound appetizing at all. I'll take the OP's word for it and assume that it's beyond nasty.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Long long ago in a Galaxy far away... I used to prefer Pepsi adamantly over Coke (no chemical diet crap either), but moved to no calorie flavored seltzer water. Best I've found is Polar with LaCroix a distant second.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Long long ago in a Galaxy far away... I used to prefer Pepsi adamantly over Coke (no chemical diet crap either), but moved to no calorie flavored seltzer water. Best I've found is Polar with LaCroix a distant second.

How is LaCroix? I see it at the store. I've been getting San Pellegrino flavored with juice. Lemon is currently my favorite - refreshing on a hot day. But they are all pretty good.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I like Mango but I haven't found anything with it added that I like.

We like an occasional Hard Selzer and it seems a bunch of manufacturers have Mango flavor.

It sucks. I won't buy any of them that have it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I LOVE mangoes. I was introduced to them fresh off the tree while stationed in the Philippines.

I couldn't agree more. One of the foods I most look forward to when I go there. With that being said, the Mexican mangoes we get here are not nearly as good.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
As a rule for myself most anything with 'mango' on the label seldom, if ever, tastes like a real mango to me. Being born and raised in south Fla., long ago, I can remember as a child picking them from trees in Miami's public parks as they grew widespread everywhere it seemed, but going northward, Tampa was about the maximum latitude for their growth due to their cold sensitivity. They seemed to sport or hybridize easily and every tree seemed to have widely disparate flavors from its neighbors. Mothers took a dim view that fruit due to the propensity for the permanent staining of kids' cotton clothing from the fruits' excess juices when fully ripe.

The mango that became the hugely successful dominant strain or cultivar long ago and which is/was asexually propagated, similarly to apples, was the Haden. It is much larger than other varieties, very appealingly colorful when ripe, and wonderfully flavored. It seems to have fallen out of favor however due to its fungus susceptibility. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haden_(mango) .

I found Puerto Rico's roads to be littered with wild mangos when I worked there in the late 1970s. I regularly stopped when driving around the island and purchased paper bags full of them roadside from entrepreneurially inclined kids. Restaurants disdained offering them as they were viewed as the food of peasants.
Smile

Posts: 519 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Diet " ....nope .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dear Pepsi: tanginess does not offset the fact that something is too sweet. Cut sweetener, add salt.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Anything with the name of Pepsi is not worth the time and effort to pour on the ground. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Anything with the name of Pepsi is not worth the time and effort to pour on the ground. .................... drill sgt.

You’re wrong, but like I said - that’s a discussion for another thread. However, since it’s the citrus tanginess of Pepsi that determines whether people love it or hate it, I assume you must hate citrus and will eventually die from scurvy.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I was raised on ice tea sweetened with saccharine, yea child abuse... Eek I can... in a pinch... drink any cola or energy drink, diet or no if I am thirsty, EXCEPT... Tab Cola. (Coca-Cola's first diet drink)

My Aunt gave me a Tab about 45 or 50 years ago after I mowed her yard one hot day. Man was I thirsty and was so looking forward to a nice cold one... Nope! Even now I almost puke just thinking about it.

Haven't tried the Mango Diet Pepsi... I'll take your word on it and skip it... bet it beats a Tab though.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:

How is LaCroix? I see it at the store. I've been getting San Pellegrino flavored with juice. Lemon is currently my favorite - refreshing on a hot day. But they are all pretty good.

LaCroix is just OK, certain flavors are good, most are just blah....I like coconut and what they call their Watermelon flavor.....pastersomething........I'd put Polar, Bubby, AHA (has caffiene) and waterloo (my personal favorite) ahead of them.

I drink a lot of diet pepsi. I tried the mango and sort of liked it as a change......has to be very cold though.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:

You’re wrong, but like I said - that’s a discussion for another thread. However, since it’s the citrus tanginess of Pepsi that determines whether people love it or hate it, I assume you must hate citrus and will eventually die from scurvy.

-Rob

Thanks for the laugh--made my day. Big Grin

And I agree that Pepsi is superior to Coke. I will, however, avoid Mango Pepsi.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Diet cherry ANYTHING is nasty. I still need to try the diet Pepsi mango. Without a question, the king of soda is real sugar vanilla Pepsi. Everything else is like an American divorce marrying into the British royal family and thinking she is, well, the Queen.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
My Aunt gave me a Tab about 45 or 50 years ago after I mowed her yard one hot day. Man was I thirsty and was so looking forward to a nice cold one... Nope! Even now I almost puke just thinking about it.

Haven't tried the Mango Diet Pepsi... I'll take your word on it and skip it... bet it beats a Tab though.

We have a very similar story, in that my maternal grandmother drank TAB. We would spend a couple of weeks every summer visiting my grandparents in Charleston. I will never forget the disappointment of being offered that ice cold can of soda - it's like Coke, they said (we were a Coke family before I was old enough to make my own, superior decisions).

They LIED to me. TAB is also nasty crap. Just to be clear, though... I find Coke Zero tolerable if it's chilled to the point that I can't really taste it. I'd still rather have a regular Diet Coke than a TAB, for sure, but I'd rather have a TAB than a Mango Diet Pepsi. No lie.

If you don't believe me, go try a couple of sips. I'd say try a bottle, but you won't get past the second sip, and the second sip you'll take only to confirm that your senses weren't lying to you when you gagged on the first sip.

-Rob

A=A