SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Signature required for delivery, no exceptions, no signing the "we missed you" ticket, nothing.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signature required for delivery, no exceptions, no signing the "we missed you" ticket, nothing. Login/Join 
posted
So I bought Legion P238 a few weeks ago and qualified for the free ammo promotion.

Sig shipped it Fed Ex with adult signature required 21 and above. They tried to deliver it today and I wasn't home. They left a note, but didn't check the box to allow me to sign for it on the note.

The terminal it is coming from is probably 40 minutes away, the opposite direction from work. They cannot send it to a FedEx customer center that is closer and hold it there, they cannot leave it with a neighbor, they cannot hold it at the terminal because it will be "out for delivery" tomorrow. Has to be adult over 21 at my address. They said only the shipper can modify the requirements, which probably cannot be changed because it's ammo. Funny but I've gotten ammo shipped from Natchezz and Midway (maybe others) before and everyone else left it on the doorstop, or allowed a signature without being in person.

Maybe this is a Sig requirement or FedEx thing. I live in Indiana so it's probably not a state law thing.

So now they will try to deliver again tomorrow and fail. And then I will have to figure out how to get it without them sending it back to Sig.

Guess I'll try to call Sig first thing tomorrow and see what they can do.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Do you have the option for the package to be delivered to a pickup site? Ive had UPS packages sent to a Walgreens for me to sign for and pick up later (400 rounds of .300 Blackout) I set up on the UPS website...FedEx might have the same arrangement.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Do you have the option for the package to be delivered to a pickup site? Ive had UPS packages sent to a Walgreens for me to sign for and pick up later (400 rounds of .300 Blackout) I set up on the UPS website.

FedEx said they can't do anything except deliver to my house where they need an adult over 21 with Gov't ID to sign for it. I might call back and try again...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pay a buddy to get it. I have done it.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just yesterday, I picked up a watch ordered from Amazon that came by FedEx. We were not home at the original delivery time. It was not signature required but there is a lot of new home construction in my neighborhood and they may have been reluctant to leave it on the porch with so many workmen coming and going. When I called FedEx about how to get it, one of the options was to pick it up at my nearest Walgreens, three miles away, which I did.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I buy lots of wine online, so it is similar to your shipment in that it requires a signature from someone 21 or older. But many times I have diverted the shipments to my local Walgreens. And once I even left a note for Fed Ex to go next door and that my neighbor would sign for it. They left the shipment with him.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’d back it up to CYA & litigation potential.

I usually have it left somewhere I can come in & pick it up, when not home.

Yeah, it’s a pain if 40 minutes the other way. That ‘free’ ammo starts to cost real $$.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had PSA do the same thing, send it a specific way, no exceptions, no picking it up at the terminal, signature required at delivery.

They did it a while back when I was out out of town, UPS sent it back and PSA had to mail it back out.

Pretty much a pain in the ass.

It is a CYA thing for the company, but i agree, it sucks.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post