SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New iOS patch -- be warned
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New iOS patch -- be warned Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Well, there's a new version available - 11.0.3.

And so, it's time for another threat of 'they fucked it up again' and you should be advised to wait for the next patch unless there is a need for this version.

In my case, mail and calendar sync with enterprise Outlook doesn't work.

On one hand, one feels compelled to update when new versions are available to address security issues. On the other hand, fuck me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My update has no issues....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My phone updated without my permission. I’ve kept it off my iPad so far.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience as an Apple user since 2003, Apple is trying really, really hard to mirror the same screw ups that have plagued Microsoft since the days of Win-XP.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
It's eating up my battery much faster as well.

*Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Caspian, Dan Wessons, Clark, Wilson Combat, Kahrs, CZ SP01 Shadow, Desert Eagle, Les Baers, Ed Brown, Pythons*

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Posts: 224 | Location: Sacramento, California | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Worse battery life. Several applications that worked fine are crashing now as well. When I pull up a map to look for something, it takes 5 to 10 seconds before the keyboard appears to allow input.

Posts: 2360 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
No issues for me and I installed it when it first came out; I'm using Outlook app for email/calendar to connect to enterprise Exchange.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
And the calculator app is still unusable.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Must be fake news as we all know Apple never makes mistakes. Eek

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My iEverything is all doing fine with it. Maybe the problem is Microsoft Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No problems with battery life, calculator, or anything else. It just works.

Seems like some folks are capable of messing up a wet dream, then wake up and blame whoever they see first.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Well, there's a new version available - 11.0.3.

And so, it's time for another threat of 'they fucked it up again' and you should be advised to wait for the next patch unless there is a need for this version.

In my case, mail and calendar sync with enterprise Outlook doesn't work.

On one hand, one feels compelled to update when new versions are available to address security issues. On the other hand, fuck me.

I'm having the same issues.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Only issue I had was shortened battery life, that lasted about a week, but is now back to normal.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

The upgrade went smoothly here, but then I don't sync with any Outlook. Battery life good, no crashing or delays.

Calculator app? Really, who uses Apple's built in calculator on any of their platform? It is a silly little, minimally functioning calculator, almost like a child's app. Smile There are plenty of real calulator apps out there, for a few $$, and some free (with ads of course). Personally, I have always used PCalc. My only objection is I sometimes accidentally toggle it into RPN mode, and then get confusing results. Smile But it is (can be) a true scientific calculator, or a simple one. Highly configurable.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
You know it turns into a scientific calculator if you turn the device sideways right?

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Been running it on my phone with no issues for a while now.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The updater's been pestering both my wife and I on both our iPhones and our iPads. Given what some have experienced with 11.0.0, 11.0.1 and 11.0.2, and how quickly these minor releases have appeared, I'm inclined to wait for a couple more minor releases.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Calculator app? Really, who uses Apple's built in calculator on any of their platform?

People who don't know any better. It is a one line code fix, but Apple hasn't taken the time to fix it. Typing 1+2+3 quickly shouldn't produce 24, even in a silly little app.

I have used a HP12C emulator for quite a few years. I prefer a RPN calc. Agreed, PCalc is probably one of the finest calc apps of any.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
You know it turns into a scientific calculator if you turn the device sideways right?

But you still have the accidental RPN button switch. Frown It is nice to have decimal->hex>octal notation available at the switch of a button.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
This is Apple’s way to slowing up old phones and Pads so you purchase the new X or upgrade your Pad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The updater's been pestering both my wife and I on both our iPhones and our iPads. Given what some have experienced with 11.0.0, 11.0.1 and 11.0.2, and how quickly these minor releases have appeared, I'm inclined to wait for a couple more minor releases.

The updates automatically download themselves but you can delete the file so it stops bugging you. Go to:

Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage and then select Manage Storage from the Storage section (not iCloud) of the page.

You'll see a list of apps and among them will be the 11.0.x update. Select it and Delete.

Once you've deleted the file the system will still show a red update indicator but it will stop nagging you to schedule the update.

I do this on my 5S because it runs great on 10.3.3 and there's nothing in 11 I've "gotta have". I just delete the 11 updates as they come out so I stay on 10.3.3.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post