SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sig rifles sights not included
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig rifles sights not included Login/Join 
Picture of jake22si
posted
I have noticed on Sigs website that no iron sights are included with a rifle. Thought it was just because of a glitch on the newer website, but looks like that is how they are being sold now. Oh well

Sigs P 220 .45/ 229R DAK .40cal, 357

Posts: 259 | Location: Seacoast area, N.H. NRA member/ Sig owner | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Sig's first Rifle, the 556 was optics ready for a long time. Then we got a popsicle for a rear sight. And 10 years after introducing the weapon, 3 generations of production, the line is dropped.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a SIG upper that stated in the description that sights were included. Did not come with sights so I called SIG and was told that sights do not come with the upper !
Told them to read their own description and customer service told me he would send sights and get description changed.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The MCX doesn't come with iron sights anymore?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
If it lowers the price I am all for it.

If the price point does not change...FUNK THAT!!! People get really weird over which 15th century siting system goes on their 20th century rifle. If the money stays in my pocket to make that choice myself I approve.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My MCX came with sights when I bought it last summer.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig 522, which at the time came with sights. Others at the time who bought them complained they didn't come with sights.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
With the elimination of Iron Sights with their rifles Sig would be quietly saying they want the end user to purchase their optic line.

I don't agree that eliminating iron sights would all of a sudden push me to make the optic purchase as most guys outfit their rifles with both.

2017 brought an increase in price on most of Sigs rifles only to exclude sights and slings, wonderful...

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Enough people seem to want to pick their own aftermarket sights that it makes sense for SIG to take the 'optics-ready' approach. It's kinda hard to manufacture something better than what's already available from the aftermarket, and it's better than sticking customers with the kind of big and blocky sights you'll get on a Galil ACE or in many rifles sold in kit form (CETME, I'm looking at you).

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw that on the MPXs also. It sucks because they didn't lower the price to reflect the lack of sights.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Yeah I saw that on the MPXs also. It sucks because they didn't lower the price to reflect the lack of sights.
It just ups the bottom line... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
It just ups the bottom line... Wink

Just waiting for Sig to drop Lancer for MPX mags and go with Checkmate on those too.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post