SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If You're Out of Gas, Turn Off Your Sign
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You're Out of Gas, Turn Off Your Sign Login/Join 
posted
Driving around town looking for gas to run the generator after Irma. Passed half a dozen stations with their signs advertising their price. Got closer or drove in, only to see the nozzles wrapped in a plastic bag. Why can't you guys take down the price sign?? I have to look for a plastic bag on your nozzle to figure out that you're out of gas?? I'm certainly not going into the store to buy anything after that foolishness.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GasBuddy app?

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not seeing a big line at the pumps would probably be a good indication of their fuel level status also.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
Not seeing a big line at the pumps would probably be a good indication of their fuel level status also.

You'd think so, but there's cars parked by the pumps! IDK if it's employees or customers parking in the shade, or just an evil trick to make it look like they have gas.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I drove all the way from Gerogia to south Florida and I didn't see one gas station with gas. Not a single one. One of the ten stations in my town had gas when I got back, so I filled up there.

I knew gas would be hard to find, so I brought 15 gallons in gas cans with me for peace of mind, and had to use one 5 gallon can to get home.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gas is incredibly hard to find. I agree tough take down your damn price on the sign if you're out. The stations that have gas have a line of cars into us-1 so that's how I found one several days before the storm.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post