SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    newcomers to AZ and complaining it's not like home
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

newcomers to AZ and complaining it's not like home Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Virginia is the quintessential example of this. Maryland, DC and New Jersey folks come to northern Virginia to escape crime, high taxes, and then end up voting for the same types of people that ruined their home state. Northern Virginia is a mess. Problem is, this small portion of Virginia has so many voters packed into it that we end up with democrats in statewide offices when the vast majority of the state, area wise, is very conservative.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
We have so many people moving to AZ from out of state. 122,000 people moved here in 2017-2018 alone. When we meet the new neighbors they ask where we're from, we're natives. We ask them, they're from CA, NY, NJ, MI, WA, OR, or some other liberalized state.

They complain they left because of cold weather, politics, taxes, etc. Then they begin to complain about AZ crime, summer heat, traffic congestion, dust storms, etc.

I have no patience with people who come to AZ and immediately want to change it to wherever they fled from. So I tell them to go back to where they came from if they dislike AZ so much. My wife cringes but she won't say it.

The other day a new couple from OH asked us to meet them for lunch. I apologized to them when we sat down. When the woman asked why, I said I'm going to say something offensive to you if you complain about AZ.

I am with you on this...Part of the reason our pollen and allergy seasons are so bad is because the idiots escaping their old states missed the plants they had so they introduced plant to the desert that were never supposed to be here.

It also burns me when there is something that has been I place for years and newcomers move in, knowing full well it is there but then act shocked and horrified so they start leading the charge to get rid of it. The 2 examples that come to mind it Scottsdale airport...It has been an airport since WWII but every year the a-holes that move into "the pattern" start whining about noise. The other, and my personal favorite was a farm that existed for years in the East Valley and, of course, as soon as people start moving near it they wanted it shut down. The farmer put up a small billboard on his property that read something like "this is my families farm, it has been a farm since 19XX and will continue to be a farm."

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
The farmer put up a small billboard on his property that read something like "this is my families farm, it has been a farm since 19XX and will continue to be a farm."

That's awesome.

I saw one on a farm in Ohio that was being surrounded by your garden variety McMansions, it read "This is a working farm. It smells like nature, you moved here for nature. Get used to it".

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This is not a new phenomenon. I remember when working in the Denver area in the mid 1980s, the Colorado natives would tell newcomers "I don't give a damn how you did it back east!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
The People's Republic of Austin is now spreading throughout the state thanks primarily to illegals, NY'ers, Californians, etc. And you can add the millennials and "the homeless" into the mix as well. What was once a great state that stood for individualism and opportunity is turning into yet another blue nanny state. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

One of my closest friends lives in Austin proper, South Austin but not the ritz area, further south where homes used to be affordable. His taxes are now 1k a month. It was a blue collar neighborhood before all the West and East coast assholes moved there and turned it into Hollywood 2.0. Most of the movie studios have offices there now I hear. Anyway, my friend. Married, 2 kids, and he’s Mr. Dad, old school style. He turns 40 this month. His son, about 2 years ago, was shooting his BB gun at some targets. Backstop, fully protected, etc. Like I said they don’t play. Neighbor across the street calls 911 and APD rolls. Turns out it’s some bitch from Kalifornia who heard “gun shots” and got skurrred. Police obviously don’t cite (iirc, he said 3 squad cars) and she walks over to my friend and says guns scare her, she thought it was a gun, and they don’t allow that kind of thing in Kalifornia. He was livid. I would be too.

I agree too. They first invaded Austin, but it’s terrible up here in DFW now too. I hear they are infiltrating San Antonio now, and many parts of Texas. It will go blue over time, bet your ass on it. Why they all wanted to come here escapes me but affordable housing is going the way of the dodo. I talk to my neighbors and we all agree, at some point we’ll get pushed out of here due to taxes. We’re also #2 in the country for H1B Visas so to add insult in injury it’s turning into Commifornia and Little India at the exact same time. So many FOB’s here you wouldn’t believe it. When I go to Costco I’m the minority now. And I don’t mean white/black, I mean FOB’s, Indians and Muslims. Several times I’ve been in there looking for my food as they’ll move stuff. I’ve turned around to see a full black burka, the one with just the eyes cutout. Both times I had my hand on the grip. Crazy days. I’m definitely here for my job. After that I’m getting the fuck out.

You can thank the 121 tech corridor....hate to say it but my company is one of big H1B supporters.

Not a ot of Beta signs/stickers in my area but around Plano I am seeing more and more

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
This is why I’m looking to jump ahead of the wave, enough to last a lifetime.

No need to full-time it in FL, AZ or the Carolinas. My bug out location is SE or SW, SD. Yes, still be a nomad to move around some, South on the Winter, whatever.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
There is liberal insanity here in the Frozen North as well. Marquette County is the only county in the Yoop that did not vote Trump. I attribute this to the influence of our local college and hospital, which import a large number of Leftists.
Thank God for our winters, which tend to run off many of them.

Sad to hear. Traverse City, Petoskey etc or the UP were on my list of possible places to relocate to. Absolutely love all.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
This is why I’m looking to jump ahead of the wave, enough to last a lifetime.

No need to full-time it in FL, AZ or the Carolinas. My bug out location is SE or SW, SD. Yes, still be a nomad to move around some, South on the Winter, whatever.

A co-worker was there last year. Absolutely loved it and may move there. Very solid conservative area and extremely pro Trump according to him.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Louisville (Jefferson County) and Lexington (Fayette County) in Kentucky are lost causes (run by Dems and voted for Dems in the last 5 Presidential Elections). Everywhere else is OK as Republican or conservative.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we got out 13 years ago,
the last two years in Phoenix /Mesa were no where near as enjoyable as the previous 9 years.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

I am with you on this...Part of the reason our pollen and allergy seasons are so bad is because the idiots escaping their old states missed the plants they had so they introduced plant to the desert that were never supposed to be here.

It also burns me when there is something that has been I place for years and newcomers move in, knowing full well it is there but then act shocked and horrified so they start leading the charge to get rid of it. The 2 examples that come to mind it Scottsdale airport...It has been an airport since WWII but every year the a-holes that move into "the pattern" start whining about noise. The other, and my personal favorite was a farm that existed for years in the East Valley and, of course, as soon as people start moving near it they wanted it shut down. The farmer put up a small billboard on his property that read something like "this is my families farm, it has been a farm since 19XX and will continue to be a farm."

Schnepf Farms? We lived within two miles of it for many years. Always had something going on around the year. Nice family. When we moved to Queen Creek there were approx 1,500 people and we knew most of them. When we moved out there were 15,000 people thanks to Johnson Ranch. Probably over 100,000 people now. They cleared thousands of acres of cotton fields and orchards to build cookie cutter houses.

Williams AFB was also close by and fun to watch the F16(?) jets fly overhead. It was patriotic and it didn't annoy us. Then they allowed cookie cutter houses to be built and pushed the Air Force out due to people complaining about noise. So they built the reliever airport and we had huge jets coming and going overhead day and night. It destroyed our rural lifestyle. We moved north. Our airport in Yavapai County will unfortunately suffer the same fate within a few years because of the homes being built around it.

The GM Proving Grounds got pushed out as well.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The outer banks of NC are completely overrun with people from the northeast and that’s all you hear. If it was so fucking great back home, why did you leave?!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:

Schnepf Farms? We lived within two miles of it for many years. Always had something going on around the year. Nice family. When we moved to Queen Creek there were approx 1,500 people and we knew most of them. When we moved out there were 15,000 people thanks to Johnson Ranch. Probably over 100,000 people now. They cleared thousands of acres of cotton fields and orchards to build cookie cutter houses.

Williams AFB was also close by and fun to watch the F16(?) jets fly overhead. It was patriotic and it didn't annoy us. Then they allowed cookie cutter houses to be built and pushed the Air Force out due to people complaining about noise. So they built the reliever airport and we had huge jets coming and going overhead day and night. It destroyed our rural lifestyle. We moved north. Our airport in Yavapai County will unfortunately suffer the same fate within a few years because of the homes being built around it.

The GM Proving Grounds got pushed out as well.

It was not Schnepf, smaller and more toward Power Rd, south of the 60.

I do know and see what you are talking about it QC, I used to go to County Thunder out there when it was at Schnepf Farms and it was a really cool rural community...Fast forward to the shit show it has become today. We will not be happy until we pave every inch of this valley!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just state to state but regions within a state. People come to northern Michigan from Detroit and want us to change. Do us all a favor and don't move up!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bulldog 7972:
Drop me a line on my email if you want to talk more about possible retirement spots in the Yoop and N. MI.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was not Schnepf, smaller and more toward Power Rd, south of the 60.

I do know and see what you are talking about it QC, I used to go to County Thunder out there when it was at Schnepf Farms and it was a really cool rural community...Fast forward to the shit show it has become today. We will not be happy until we pave every inch of this valley!

Maybe Vertuccio Farms? They used to host the haunted house every Halloween and a corn field maze.

https://www.hauntworld.com/hau...-Farms-and-Corn-Maze

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Apaches were pretty angry when the settlers moved to their lands.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CA DuckHunter:

I realize this is in the RANT section, but I find your sweeping generalizations to be shallow. Are there more liberals in California, than conservatives - yes. Is California the king of nanny laws, unfortunately it probably is. But painting the whole state with such a broad brush shows either that you don't have interaction with a very large sample, or that you're panties are in such a bunch that you have thrown your objectivity out with the bath water.

My interaction is limited to northern california, and southern california. Also limited by working there, having lived there, flown there, jumped there, hiked there, and being married to a wife from california, having family in California, a son serving in california, years of service and operations in california, etc, and having lived in the surrounding states and having seen first hand the widespread, pervasive interaction of californians when they leave the state to infect everything nearby.

But other than that, none at all.

Like I said, with no bag limit, californians weren't game, just pests...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I was born and raised in Idaho. When I left there in 1955 it was very pleasant, people were friendly, hunting, fishing and trapping were good. I went back there last year to visit my brother and his family. We are the only 2 left from our twig of the family tree. The changes were worse than disappointing! Traffic one could only imagine.

I spent a year in western Iran, and the people there were magnitudes more friendly than many of those I encountered in Idaho. Brother and I talked about it. He is a retired state cop. His view was that the huge majority of people now living there were from outside the state, huge majority who had run from kalifornistan. And promptly started implementing the same shit they ran from.

Kind of like the 4 northern counties here in Virginia.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
It’s telling that when I saw your thread title my instant reaction was to grumble, “goddam Californians...”

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post