SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    newcomers to AZ and complaining it's not like home
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

newcomers to AZ and complaining it's not like home Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
We have so many people moving to AZ from out of state. 122,000 people moved here in 2017-2018 alone. When we meet the new neighbors they ask where we're from, we're natives. We ask them, they're from CA, NY, NJ, MI, WA, OR, or some other liberalized state.

They complain they left because of cold weather, politics, taxes, etc. Then they begin to complain about AZ crime, summer heat, traffic congestion, dust storms, etc.

I have no patience with people who come to AZ and immediately want to change it to wherever they fled from. So I tell them to go back to where they came from if they dislike AZ so much. My wife cringes but she won't say it.

The other day a new couple from OH asked us to meet them for lunch. I apologized to them when we sat down. When the woman asked why, I said I'm going to say something offensive to you if you complain about AZ.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not unique to Arizona, unfortunately.
People leave those states because they don't like living there, but then try to change their new state to be like the old. Colorado has seen that for years, and, double unfortunately, the leftists have largely succeeded in changing my state to what they left.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
CA and CO are two of the most beautiful states in the country. Relatives and vacations there, but I refuse to visit either again.

It's bad enough that once Barry Goldwater red AZ is turning purple with each election.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Just my metro area gained more than that over the same timeframe. It’s ridiculous here now and ruined. Traffic out the ass all day every day (and I don’t mean rush hour), massive tax increases. I’ve met Kalifornians and told them to move fucking back. We don’t want you here, get the fuck out. Bringing their liberal bullshit. I was happy. Born and raised here. Great place to live. Not anymore. Now instead of retiring here I will be getting the fuck out at the earliest possible convenience. Thanks Kalifornians, thanks New Yorkers, you ruined my home!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I sympathize, my Friend, but it's everywhere.

Folks from Massivetushies and Noo Joisey move up here and pull the same shit.

Thankfully, at least in my little corner of Paradise, their attempts to infiltrate local government so they can effect change tend to be uncomfortable enough for them to short-lived. Have seen a few manage to get themselves elected to a vacant Selectman slot, but have never seen one get re-elected and many don't finish out their first term before they get the hint.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Jerkwater has become infested with liberal bedwetter types as well. It’s sickening to see BETO bumper stickers on 50% of the cars here.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Same crap up here in NW Montana.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Texas is slowly being turned into California 2.0

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sympathize, my Friend, but it's everywhere.

Not here. I do not know why. People who move here tend to like the beach,the local customs, etc. Some complain about the heat and humidity. I do hear some issues about the lack of cultural amenities, but not much. I think most people are surprised that the Gulf Coast is not like the rest of Mississippi. You have a few that want to change the local politics, but not many and they soon abandon that idea.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Red state turned blue, I sympathize. My new neighbors have fucked over me and rest of state.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Immigration and millennials ruining everywhere

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's california. More than anywhere else, it's folks from California.

When someone from California speaks, they name a town, and assume that the world revolves around California, so no need to say what state it's in: it's just assumed that everyone knows it's from California.

I've fought fire for a lot of years in California. It's done differently there, like a separate nation. The way they do things is maddening to anyone who works fire in the rest of the country; there's the USA, and then California; two very different ways of doing business. In any other state, any other location, resources are shared, but not california, where resources stop at the border. I could go on about that for hours.

I'm absolutely sick to death of Californians coming to (name your state) to say "this is how we do it in california."

I don't give a fuck how you do it in california.

In Wyoming, californians were one of the only game animals that didn't have a bag limit. Then again, it's not so much game as pest control...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
The People's Republic of Austin is now spreading throughout the state thanks primarily to illegals, NY'ers, Californians, etc. And you can add the millennials and "the homeless" into the mix as well. What was once a great state that stood for individualism and opportunity is turning into yet another blue nanny state. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So where do we go to escape all this. Or so we stay and fight? I can't stay in Illinois as it's hopeless. I hear bad things about Texas, Colorado, now Arizona. Florida almost elected a leftist governor last election. It seems at times that the entire country is slowly turning blue. So where do we go? New Mexico? Idaho? I have heard good things about the Dakotas. Maybe there. Maybe Indiana. Or Kentucky. JJ?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
So where do we go to escape all this.
Come to North Carolina, just not Charlotte nor Raleigh/Durnham.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So where do we go to escape all this. Or so we stay and fight? I can't stay in Illinois as it's hopeless. I hear bad things about Texas, Colorado, now Arizona. Florida almost elected a leftist governor last election. It seems at times that the entire country is slowly turning blue. So where do we go? New Mexico? Idaho? I have heard good things about the Dakotas. Maybe there. Maybe Indiana. Or Kentucky. JJ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No problems here in Mississippi. The primary elections just finished. There was one overriding theme in nearly every Republican ad. I support Trump followed by a photo of the candidate with Trump. If needed there was a shot of the Democratic candidate with Pelosi, Hilary and AOC to end the campaign ad. People from California do not relocate here. Snowbirds arrive to play golf in the colder months and complain about the taxes in Illinois and the long winters.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
The People's Republic of Austin is now spreading throughout the state thanks primarily to illegals, NY'ers, Californians, etc. And you can add the millennials and "the homeless" into the mix as well. What was once a great state that stood for individualism and opportunity is turning into yet another blue nanny state. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

One of my closest friends lives in Austin proper, South Austin but not the ritz area, further south where homes used to be affordable. His taxes are now 1k a month. It was a blue collar neighborhood before all the West and East coast assholes moved there and turned it into Hollywood 2.0. Most of the movie studios have offices there now I hear. Anyway, my friend. Married, 2 kids, and he’s Mr. Dad, old school style. He turns 40 this month. His son, about 2 years ago, was shooting his BB gun at some targets. Backstop, fully protected, etc. Like I said they don’t play. Neighbor across the street calls 911 and APD rolls. Turns out it’s some bitch from Kalifornia who heard “gun shots” and got skurrred. Police obviously don’t cite (iirc, he said 3 squad cars) and she walks over to my friend and says guns scare her, she thought it was a gun, and they don’t allow that kind of thing in Kalifornia. He was livid. I would be too.

I agree too. They first invaded Austin, but it’s terrible up here in DFW now too. I hear they are infiltrating San Antonio now, and many parts of Texas. It will go blue over time, bet your ass on it. Why they all wanted to come here escapes me but affordable housing is going the way of the dodo. I talk to my neighbors and we all agree, at some point we’ll get pushed out of here due to taxes. We’re also #2 in the country for H1B Visas so to add insult in injury it’s turning into Commifornia and Little India at the exact same time. So many FOB’s here you wouldn’t believe it. When I go to Costco I’m the minority now. And I don’t mean white/black, I mean FOB’s, Indians and Muslims. Several times I’ve been in there looking for my food as they’ll move stuff. I’ve turned around to see a full black burka, the one with just the eyes cutout. Both times I had my hand on the grip. Crazy days. I’m definitely here for my job. After that I’m getting the fuck out.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It's california. More than anywhere else, it's folks from California.

When someone from California speaks, they name a town, and assume that the world revolves around California, so no need to say what state it's in: it's just assumed that everyone knows it's from California.

I've fought fire for a lot of years in California. It's done differently there, like a separate nation. The way they do things is maddening to anyone who works fire in the rest of the country; there's the USA, and then California; two very different ways of doing business. In any other state, any other location, resources are shared, but not california, where resources stop at the border. I could go on about that for hours.

I'm absolutely sick to death of Californians coming to (name your state) to say "this is how we do it in california."

I don't give a fuck how you do it in california.

In Wyoming, californians were one of the only game animals that didn't have a bag limit. Then again, it's not so much game as pest control...

I realize this is in the RANT section, but I find your sweeping generalizations to be shallow. Are there more liberals in California, than conservatives - yes. Is California the king of nanny laws, unfortunately it probably is. But painting the whole state with such a broad brush shows either that you don't have interaction with a very large sample, or that you're panties are in such a bunch that you have thrown your objectivity out with the bath water.

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is liberal insanity here in the Frozen North as well. Marquette County is the only county in the Yoop that did not vote Trump. I attribute this to the influence of our local college and hospital, which import a large number of Leftists.
Thank God for our winters, which tend to run off many of them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize this is in the RANT section, but I find your sweeping generalizations to be shallow. Are there more liberals in California, than conservatives - yes. Is California the king of nanny laws, unfortunately it probably is. But painting the whole state with such a broad brush shows either that you don't have interaction with a very large sample, or that you're panties are in such a bunch that you have thrown your objectivity out with the bath water.

Sure, the conservatives in California remain there and support the liberal regime seeking to destroy America along with it by proxy. The few counties they hold onto mean nothing in the grand agenda.

The state is largely ruined, and is going downhill fast. CALPERS pensions are a great millstone. Just wait until they toss in free everything for illegals to match up with all the sanctuary state coddling. Accommodating illegals voting? Have fun with that.

$3.30 a gallon of gas in Delano or Hanford in Kern County? Bet taxes in general are really sweet, huh?

Probably why thousands of businesses are leaving every year. And citizens are leaving, too. And do you think they connect their democrat voting records and social justice pablum with how much California is screwed up and un-American?

Of course not. Because their thinking is shallow.

Sad to say, but whatever redeeming features you may think California still possesses that offer redemption, they are tremendously overshadowed by communism masked as liberalism.

Objectivity? Well, you just got some.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post