SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    newcomers to AZ and complaining it's not like home
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

newcomers to AZ and complaining it's not like home Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Are these people from Canada?

We get a lot of Canadians in Florida. Some developments fly a Canadian flag and my kids said if Canada is so great, why do they come here?

I don't mind the Canadians so much here in South Florida, they seem to stick to Hollywood Beach.

It's the damn NY'ers……..before the second sentence has come out of their mouth, they have informed you that they're a NY'er and how great NY is. They then go on about how Florida has to change and do things like they do in NY. Us Floridians don't give a SH@@ about NY, and if it's so great, go back.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I'm originally from CT and lived in FL briefly--i agree--i can't stand NYers. My grandparents were NYers, even they recognized the horrible mindset, and advised me to not make the same mistakes and NOT make my new home like NY

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
So where do we go to escape all this. Or so we stay and fight? I can't stay in Illinois as it's hopeless. I hear bad things about Texas, Colorado, now Arizona. Florida almost elected a leftist governor last election. It seems at times that the entire country is slowly turning blue. So where do we go? New Mexico? Idaho? I have heard good things about the Dakotas. Maybe there. Maybe Indiana. Or Kentucky. JJ?

https://youtu.be/LgyAIg6Jr6s

Real good friend of mine just got back from there last week. Ret Sgt out of 022. Loves it there.

Looks like there's a lot of us headed to the great state of Tn. Wy is another option that I'm looking at.

Yeah, I know several guys that have moved down there. Just stay away from Nashville, I heard it's turning into another Chicago.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The only way to 'get away' from it is live in a rural area with land 5-10 acres where your house can't be seen from the road.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I do miss and never got tired of:

If you go to any Pharmacy, it does not matter wich one,
between 9:30 and 11:00 a.m.
you can watch between 7 and 15 mostly old farts whining and sighing, bitching and moaning about how long they have to wait to get waited on.

" it's not like this in (somewhere back home)"

all winter , every winter, 9 years in a row.

I have to imagine that it's three times worse now.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I live on 35 acres, well off the road. My neighbor to the west is a DR from Seattle, never see him, same for his house, out of sight.

My easterly neighbor is a CA transplant but a shooter and hunter. He's my closest neighbor at 150 yds away, but behind two fences and some trees.

I know a mess of transplants to MT, Hell I moved here 40 years ago. 95% of them love the area and consider themselves to be locals. They embrace the local culture, or lack there of, LOL.

If something doesn't appeal to them or they object to it ,they generally keep it to themselves.

Only seen a few transplants that are a pain in the A**. Both of those from CALI. Go figure.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So where do we go to escape all this. Or so we stay and fight? JJ?

I don't wish to offend anyone, but I got a chuckle out of this. It is quite ironic. Sounds a lot like the illegal immigrants escaping the shithole they called home and fleeing to someplace that is still nice rather than staying and cleaning it up.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blaque Jacque Shellaque:
quote:
So where do we go to escape all this. Or so we stay and fight? JJ?

I don't wish to offend anyone, but I got a chuckle out of this. It is quite ironic. Sounds a lot like the illegal immigrants escaping the shithole they called home and fleeing to someplace that is still nice rather than staying and cleaning it up.

That Bulldog is one of the poor souls trying to clean up where he lives.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I work for a California-based company. I have to travel there at least once every year for our annual meeting. These days I can't wait to leave.

My frequent comment about California (and similar places) is, "It's a lovely, terrific place, except for the people."

Which is, I think, the same internal thinking that newcomers to a new place have: I love the place I left, I just couldn't stand the people (and their beliefs).

The more I read about this proliferation of dreadful thinking, the more depressed I get thinking about the prospects of an American "revival." I think Donald Trump is fighting the good fight, and look at how much opposition he has to it.

On a related note, I just found out a health group I belong to is headquartered in Costa Rica. A lovely country that has managed to overcome or bypass the rampant corruption other Central American countries fall prey to. I might consider retiring there, but only because my retirement income would put me into a higher class than most citizens. And that somehow bothers me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CA DuckHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It's california. More than anywhere else, it's folks from California.

When someone from California speaks, they name a town, and assume that the world revolves around California, so no need to say what state it's in: it's just assumed that everyone knows it's from California.

I've fought fire for a lot of years in California. It's done differently there, like a separate nation. The way they do things is maddening to anyone who works fire in the rest of the country; there's the USA, and then California; two very different ways of doing business. In any other state, any other location, resources are shared, but not california, where resources stop at the border. I could go on about that for hours.

I'm absolutely sick to death of Californians coming to (name your state) to say "this is how we do it in california."

I don't give a fuck how you do it in california.

In Wyoming, californians were one of the only game animals that didn't have a bag limit. Then again, it's not so much game as pest control...

I realize this is in the RANT section, but I find your sweeping generalizations to be shallow. Are there more liberals in California, than conservatives - yes. Is California the king of nanny laws, unfortunately it probably is. But painting the whole state with such a broad brush shows either that you don't have interaction with a very large sample, or that you're panties are in such a bunch that you have thrown your objectivity out with the bath water.

Its an easy brush to paint with when any conservatives in the state stay silent with nut jobs that are in local, state and federal government. It may be a broad brush but that's how your state operates whether you are there or not.

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post