SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No I do not want to join your damn website...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No I do not want to join your damn website... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Ugh... some stupid website I will never return to, or some site that I visit once every 3 years, no I do not want to register, just check me out for the one thing I will ever buy from you and fuck off. I have actually not bought from some sites because of this.

I don't want to be kept in your stupid database with my credit card # and info for something I bought as a present for someone else and I will never ever be back to your site!!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Preach it, brother!!!
Yes!!!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
As a suggestion to your rant, at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

After they tell me how many $ for shipping.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

If I have to fill out more than a state and zip code for a shipping quote, I'm gone.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
quote:

If I have to fill out more than a state and zip code for a shipping quote, I'm gone.

Yep, I want to know how much to ship before I give you my name and address.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
As a suggestion to your rant, at what point would you like a website to offer to ease a person's next shopping experience with them through the things you hated about your first?

Some sites do let you continue as a guest, and that's great. Others make you register.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
quote:

Me too. I have a standard fake name and address info that I enter (info that could not possibly be mistaken for real, but follows the correct form factors) to get shipping info. The only thing correct is the zip code.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I have a standard fake name and address info that I enter (info that could not possibly be mistaken for real, but follows the correct form factors) to get shipping info. The only thing correct is the zip code.
Me too. But it's still aggravating to have to fill in

Fred Fnart
123 Main Street
AnyTown MyState 12345

If I can't get shipping charges without filling that in, I use the "Contact Us" page to send a nastygram. I should not have to go through these shenanigans just to find out what the total cost of the item is.

There are some sites that do show shipping charges prior to the "Checkout" page, but unfortunately these sites are relatively rare.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post