SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Woke? Who's Asleep?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woke? Who's Asleep? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
People used to contact me; now they reach out.

Posts: 103 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new personal favorite is "sober curious" WTF does that even mean?

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My new personal favorite is "sober curious" WTF does that even mean?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would guess the opposite of ALL Liquored up, but I ain't completely woke yet.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I use the word woke frequently - simply to get a reaction out of my kids (25, 21, 17). I have no idea what I’m saying. I do this in addition to texting them a Dad joke daily. If I really want to gross them out I tell them Mom and I are going to play naked Twister. That sends them scurrying like cockroaches when the lights come on. It brings me great joy.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
UP AGAINST THE WALL. M-Fer
Farm House, Man. Cool Beans, Rap on, Brotha
Tune in, Turn On, and Drop Out, said Timothy Leary.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Soon as I hear people use those terms in serious conversation I know they’re idiots of the most foul type.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Last week I was accused of "throwing shade" by my lgbtqys niece. Whatever the fuck that stupid nonsense is supposed to mean. All I said to her dad was that I could see the manufacturing sector in CO is definitely up thanks to President Trump.
We both just rolled our eyes at her and continued our conversation.

The way I know it "throwing shade" means to talk negatively about someone, or to portray them negatively.

Either the meaning has shifted, which is possible, or your niece interpreted what you were saying as a personal insult, which is what I'd have my money on.

You talked about Trump with positivity, this is a direct insult to any and everyone who sees him as enemy#1. Same type of reasoning that wearing a MAGA hat means they get to assault you.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay. I went to the "know it all" for all things young, weird and low brow ....urbandictionary.com.

TOP DEFINITION
woke
The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woke

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
If you want see steam pour out of my ears, use the word "inclusive" and its variations to my face. My blood pressure jumps.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post