SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wilson Combat EDC X9 !!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Combat EDC X9 !!! Login/Join 
Picture of jack32586
posted
I love my 226 SAO Legion so much, I decided to cheat on her and order a Wilson Combat EDC X9 in March. It arrived today- finally. To the range, minions! Checked it out- looks cool. Racked the slide, pretty smooth. Dropped the slide from slide lock- hammer fell also. Hmmm. Not sposed to do that. Maybe a first time glitch, maybe Wilsons do that when no mag is inserted. I don't know, never had a Wilson in my hand before. Tried it a few more times. Hammer falls 30% of the time, especially if I'm not holding the gun super tight. Its obviously bouncing the hammer off the sear when it closes. Decided screw it, for this much money I'm shooting the damn thing. First few mags were only two round mags in case it went full auto. No problems, good accuracy (not better than the Legion). Full 15 rounders went well also. I know Wilson says don't drop the slide on an empty chamber (look it up- its true) but come on, really?? I guess I'll call them tomorrow and bitch. Maybe they will make me wait another 6 months to get it back. Damn I like my Legion.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jack32586:
I know Wilson says don't drop the slide on an empty chamber (look it up- its true) but come on, really??

I've always been taught it's advisable to refrain from doing that with all auto-loaders. So I don't do it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
At their price points, I would be pretty pissed.

Hope they do you right.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons many go with Wilson Combat's high price is their legendary customer service. I paid a lot for my CQB 1911 and it was and still is flawless, my favorite pistol out of my whole collection. Call them, send it back, they'll do you right.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Agreed, WC is going to make it right. Call 'em.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I had this happen with a Sig. Sent in my P229R for AEP & SRT. It came back with a serious case of "hammer follow". I sent it back in again, and they corrected it for free, of course. Wasn't out of my hands that long, as I recall.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Virgil Tripp told me to never drop the slide on an empty chamber on a 1911 type pistol that had a good trigger, because it would somehow damage the hammer/sear interface or something. Anyway, he seemed like he knew what he was talking about, so I have followed his advice.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hammer shouldn't follow the slide....but also shouldn't drop the slide on an empty chamber......Wilson will make you pay shipping to them, then they'll throw in a few free magazines when they send it back to make up for you paying shipping.....Usually will have it back to you in 2 weeks from my experience.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by jack32586:
I know Wilson says don't drop the slide on an empty chamber (look it up- its true) but come on, really??

I've always been taught it's advisable to refrain from doing that with all auto-loaders. So I don't do it.

Well, it can be done. W/ your own gun. Harsh words will probably be directed your way if you do that w/ someone else's.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post