SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Q: Why did Dennis wake up this morning dressed for 50 degrees?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Q: Why did Dennis wake up this morning dressed for 50 degrees? Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
My wife left me during her menopause & I made the mistake of marrying a younger woman. Twice bitten!

Ouch!

So far the wifes hot flashes only make her mad at her own body.
<investigating options of sleeping with one eye open JIC>

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
So far the wifes hot flashes only make her mad at her own body.
<investigating options of sleeping with one eye open JIC>

Oh, in her defense, the outbursts against ME have been few... and even she admits they're irrational when they happen.

But it's only a matter of time until I'm the asshole because of the expiration date on the half-and-half or it's my fault that Veterans Day falls on Monday the 12th this year.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Feel for you guys. It’s not easy going they all this hormonal stuff. I went thru it, and luckily, I knew it was irrational, and did my best to remember it was all hormones. Found that taking evening primrose oil pills helped a lot. You can find them in nearly any drugstore. Takes a couple weeks to steady out, but they keep one on a even keel.
Hot flashes, well, those took a number of years to finally get better. Notice I said better, not gone. I would have a fan on me even in winter, and the hot flashes would wake me up it was so bad. Luckily hubby was able to deal with it, I tried to keep the fan off his side of the bed.
He liked giving me a hug during a hot flash since he said I was really giving off heat, lol. His own personal heater.... Of course, it was nearly unbearable to have another persons touching me during one of them. It’s NOT fun.
I’m now mostly over the hot flashes. Occasionally get a bit hot, but nothing like it was during the worst of it. Good luck all all of you!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
HaHaHa..yeah your best bet is to not say a word. Talk about poking the bear!

Sometimes not even saying word pokes the bear.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chuckles. My wife and I have been going through this for almost two years; wrong words said, not enough said, right words twisted, congested in the morning, hug/don't hug. The whole thing. I hope we survive it.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) I was drunk for the duration of my wife's journey through that particular hell.

I don't drink. If I start would it be over?

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
Or, as soon as she falls asleep, put the thermostat back up to a reasonable number!

You are inviting trouble! But did you not know, it gets cooler faster when the thermostat is on 60 instead of 68!

Oh my!! That is so funny/true/cute/real/ Don't try to splain it though.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Chit, after hearing all this, I'm convinced my spouse started menopause 38 years ago....

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I must say my wife has not gone thru all the extremes I hear about others wives having.

Mine either. If she went through it I missed it, she's 63 now. The only negative sign is now we have to keep a tube of lube handy.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Easily a top-5 bitch that I’ve ever seen here on SF. Excellent post.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Not so bad in our house except I have a blanket at times. I will say it's cost us a few dollars both at home and the business keeping it cool enough. But all and all it's Ok. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Been living with this for the passed year. Honestly I don't know how much more of it I can take.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife's lasted about 4 years of hell. Then it was over in an instant. She emerged a different person in some ways but none of them bad. She finally then embraced gray hair.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post