SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Camping with women.....arrgh
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camping with women.....arrgh Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
... It's nice to have some rational thought put into the diet instead of three days of steak and cheetos.
Where is the bacon? This man needs an intervention. Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
... It's nice to have some rational thought put into the diet instead of three days of steak and cheetos.

there is always bacon.....and brats, I hunt with 2 fellows from Birmingham...not AL, so we have to do a proper English breakfast.....darn

Cheetos are fine....but do not lick the yummy orange cheese like substance off your fingers after gutting 3 hogs.....just trust me on this one

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:

Bacon is implied in the word “camping.” Big Grin

Heck, without bacon we’d all starve, because of course we forgot the Crisco, oil, butter, or even Pam, so must cook bacon before every meal as a non-stick treatment, just to fry an egg or make a pancake.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once went on a day hike with a chick who told me she loved to hike.
She then refused to tinkle in an outdoorsy manner, claiming that insects were just waiting to molest her.
Made for a short hike.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, try hiking in Da U.P. Later May into early June. It takes a special someone to handle the mosquitoes. Most ladies fall well short in that department. They have about driven me off the trout stream a time or 3 years back.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right after we got married I took my wife camping . She had never been . Somehow we neglected to check the weather forecast because a cold front came through in the middle of the first night . Rain followed by a severe drop in temps . Woke up to ice on the tent . We slept fully clothed and wearing jackets . She never complained and we continued to camp for years after that though we upgraded to a Pop Up .

Posts: 4052 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Yeah, try hiking in Da U.P. Later May into early June. It takes a special someone to handle the mosquitoes. Most ladies fall well short in that department. They have about driven me off the trout stream a time or 3 years back.

Florida Everglades. Taking whizz along the side of the road at night.

Skeeters left us enough blood so we could make it back to Miami.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Florida Everglades. Taking whizz along the side of the road at night.

Skeeters left us enough blood so we could make it back to Miami.

Hope you didn’t have a hot date that night. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been sleeping in tents for the past 60 years.

The Mrs. thinks roughing it was sleeping in the 5th wheel while the house was being rebuilt.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I once went on a day hike with a chick who told me she loved to hike.
She then refused to tinkle in an outdoorsy manner, claiming that insects were just waiting to molest her.
Made for a short hike.

She must’ve had some experience with that sort of thing. I had a girlfriend in high school that loved to fool around with me in the woods behind my house until she didn’t. It was sometime during black fly season. I didn’t much care for that sort of woodsy fun afterwards, either.

You’ve got your brand of local peculiarities in there the Yoop. We have our own in the Adirondacks. Get a black fly or deerfly bite on your nuts just once and you’ll never forget it.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I got hit by black flies one day while out fishing on W. Canada creek. Them damn bites itched for two solid weeks and didn't let up until I threw some prednisone at them.

Miserable.

And skeeters? Don't get me started on them little bastards! I once made the mistake of pulling off to the side of the road in northern WI one June evening to take a leak. Eek I'd never had mosquito bites on my johnson before. It ain't fun.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I guess it's just as well that the Boy Scouts likely won't be doing camping trips anymore.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
I hope all Scout Master and Boy Scouts bail.

Let the girls have what ever is left.

They can then all complain to each other.

Or, maybe enjoy being Girl Scouts, but call themselves Boy Scouts.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nekkid Skeeter War Story:
In keeping with my Hillbilly Heritage, I once dated a young lady who hailed from W. Liberty KY. We were visiting the family homestead when she suggested a stroll in the woods. This was a pretext to take advantage of me sexually. Later in the evening I began to itch. A lot. The young lady examined my back. Above my knees to the back of my neck were many, many, Skeeter bites.
She stopped counting at 50. She thought this was hilarious. I invested in large amounts of Calamine Lotion.
And yes, gentlemen, the itch was worth the experience!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Nekkid Skeeter War Story:
In keeping with my Hillbilly Heritage, I once dated a young lady who hailed from W. Liberty KY. We were visiting the family homestead when she suggested a stroll in the woods. This was a pretext to take advantage of me sexually. Later in the evening I began to itch. A lot. The young lady examined my back. Above my knees to the back of my neck were many, many, Skeeter bites.
She stopped counting at 50. She thought this was hilarious. I invested in large amounts of Calamine Lotion.
And yes, gentlemen, the itch was worth the experience!

Sounds like you got an itch scratched!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the best ever letter written to Dear Abby or Ann Landers. As best as I can remember it, the guy took his new bride along on a turkey hunt. Very much a city girl, she put on her usual makeup, perfume and hair spray, the scent of which sent every animal for miles around scattering. Then he finally got a shot lined up on a turkey and she ran out into the clearing to warn it off. Eek Abby/Ann suggested that some things might not be meant to do together. Big Grin

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post