SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Camping with women.....arrgh
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camping with women.....arrgh Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
So we de decided to go to a Russian music fest down near Houston....only option is tent camping.

No big deal I love camping.....but....

Camping with women is .....different,

"Yes, you need to leave room for ice in the cooler....."

"Yes, there are bugs...."

"How many suitcases do we need for 2 days"

"Your son sat on the porta john seat......" = superfund site

But I have to admit....in some ways it is much better than camping with my buds...

Home made pancakes for breakfast
Cake
Homemade sausage
Beds
Showers
Proper plates
Etc etc

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you took beds and showers with you ? to go camping?

I think they call that Glamping

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like he just stayed home. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the guys with the $100K+ “camper”, but in reality it is a mobile 1BR / 1 Bathroom apartment that they drive around the country.

It’s traveling, it’s vacation, but it aint ‘camping’.

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
you took beds and showers with you?

For 2 days. Big Grin

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My wife would make me air-condition the tent somehow.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Lordy, I feel ya brother.

Took 4 women into the wilds of Yellowstone. It was the best of times and the worst of times, as they say. Tenting in a thunderstorm at altitude, that'll make a wo man out of you.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After years of seeing/hearing couples arguing in a tent, the only tent camping I do is while being alone.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a perfectly good bed at home and no desire to sleep on the ground. Even if there is a woman involved.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
you took beds and showers with you ? to go camping?

I think they call that Glamping

To clarify....air matresses and the campgrounds showers.....but still the showers are damned nice.....

When I go camping with the buds .....normally while hunting...we;

Unless longer than 2 days.....sleep in truck
Food is steak....or bacon....occasionally sausage.....greens...um no
We do set up a canopy to block the sun while we take sietas
More beer than food
Showers......it rains sometimes

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first met my wife out mutual love for camping was disccused and after a few months we decided to go up north for a few nights. She told me she would pack the cooler and that she has a bigger tent than mine so we would use that ((mine was a 2 man backpacing tent).

I tossed my backpack, fishing rods and a few other items in the bed of my truck and went to meet her.....imagine my shock when I found her and her pathfinder loaded the the gills with, what appeared to be, hald her house. She had spare sleeping bags, air matterresses, a tent heater (WTF) and half her kitchen.

To this day she still does not understand why I dread camping with her

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hear ya.

Could be worse. For a July 4th tent camping trip that had been planned for 2 months, I've had 'em proclaim on July 1st that they're refusing to go unless I rented an RV. I pulled it off too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
When I would go to the field, I would bring a couple of solar showers. After a long, hot day in the desert, a shower really helps recover at night for the next day.

When I did combat camping, that was a different story. 10 days no showers? No problem. Just worried about staying alive.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we used solar showers often while living in the CA , AZ area

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
When I would go to the field, I would bring a couple of solar showers. After a long, hot day in the desert, a shower really helps recover at night for the next day.

When I did combat camping, that was a different story. 10 days no showers? No problem. Just worried about staying alive.

Totally agree.......solar showers rock.....hell, rain works ....behind a trailer with 10 haitian kids laughing...but I was semi clean

I am just gonna rent a pop up next time at least set up will be easier

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Sounds like the guys with the $100K+ “camper”, but in reality it is a mobile 1BR / 1 Bathroom apartment that they drive around the country.

It’s traveling, it’s vacation, but it aint ‘camping’.

Wink

How true.

When my wife and I were dating we would camp. After one too many rainy nights we converted to a fifth wheel toy hauler. 15 years and two trailers later, we are full fledged Glampers. There is something to be said about having a real bed, hot water and heat away from home.

Sure, it's financial suicide but we enjoy it. Oh, and since the trend is that the cost of our trailers doubles very time we buy, that $100k unit will be our next unit. Wink

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
One thing I love about roughing it and suffering a little is how amazing everything feels once you get home. I'm no hardcore-roughing-it-camper, but we don't take many luxuries. Camp stove, tents, sleeping bags...pretty basic campers (at least what I'm used to).

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I can't say I mind when my wife and daughters come along on a campout. It's nice to have some rational thought put into the diet instead of three days of steak and cheetos.

Women seem to produce just the item you'd have never considered or would have likely forgotten. Chapstick? Yep. Spatula, packed. Flushable wipes, certainly. Etc, etc.

Can't see a low oil light on the dashboard, but my wife develops military grade attention-to-detail when it comes to snivel gear packing.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Tell ya what, at my old fart age, roughing it is a Holiday Inn that doesn't have room service.

I'm retiring in a few years, for good this time, and I'm seriously looking at a simple and small RV. Got a quick look at a Mini Winnie bumper pull the other day and kinda liked it. I fled when the pack, or horde, of RV salesmen were looking at me like a pack of hungry vultures. Almost makes car salesmen look good. Jeez.

I used to love camping, now a good mattress makes me happy. And campfire coffee.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Flushable wipes"

They shouldn't really be called flushable, because they shouldn't be flushed. Bad to cause sewer clogs and backups. Your neighbor's use of them can cause your bathtub to fill with sewage. Pet peeve of mine.

Sorry for thread drift.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post