SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Time does not heal all wounds.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time does not heal all wounds. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
It only promises tomorrow will be further away from the pain.

But it is a lie.

Give it your all, because you believe it matters to those who are afraid.

God bless those who give all and try.

And never forget those who have.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very true. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Words too live by. Thanks for reminding us.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aye. Looking for what does, not finding it.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
"That, which does not kill you, makes you stronger"...but the scars last forever, and serve to both remember and remind.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Like rings on a tree, growing around a wound. The scars never leave.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:

Well said Sir.....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:

Well said Sir.....
I'm not positive, but I think that "sir" is a "ma'am."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Nor does time wound all heels, but karma gets many.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
The Monkey is wise.

Amen.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can say from experience, that therapy helps a lot of people with trauma. It is important to find someone with compassion and knowledge. All of us have resilience.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Did anything in particular bring this on?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I suspect you may want to ask Sigmonkey. It may be a matter he wishes to keep private.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey...you are spot on my friend...and it doesn’t take much to open that wound Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
but time does allow for a much bigger ,overall picture.

Think of that picture that will never seem to heal over , and then add to that picture all that you have accomplished ,

and add again to that picture all those that you have helped along the way,
and then add yet again those that have it still worse than you and

then add again to the now very big picture the choices you have made because of what you went through .

No the scar is still there , but you have the advantage of a panoramic view that has the ability to bend perspective

all because you chose to give time a chance

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone who believes time heals everything has never buried a son.

Posts: 798 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I think murder would help, but alas, he is already dead. The hurt and hate lives on.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who was scarred many years ago and it bothers him lots more now. He thinks about That rough time too much lately.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
True. I have a good friend, an only child, who within 14 months, lost his mom, wife, and dog. (He and his wife had no children). Now, a year later his father is in the hospital with double pneumonia.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
May today be better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post