SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You're mowing today? Really?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You're mowing today? Really? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s Easter. Had multiple people mowing at same time. The dick at the end of the street was running power tools. Loud as shit outside.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Before 8, kind of rude. After 8 it's all good.

Concise and accurate.

FTW.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It may not be Easter to him, just another Sunday. Did you ever stop to consider that?

Posts: 33798 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't want noise from neighbors? Buy a place without neighbors or one with a HOA that restricts noise to a time you deem acceptable.

Its a free country. Do as you please within the law.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It may not be Easter to him, just another Sunday. Did you ever stop to consider that?

I did. I think I stated so, fairly clearly, in my original gripe. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I gave the head church guy an earful
OMG, you yelled at The Pope?

Well they were the Church of Scientology, so ol' L. Ronnie has elevated to head alien butt buddy or whatever they ascend to on the official tone scale and whatnot. So there's that.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Epic rant fail. I'll mow on Christmas, new years, Easter ,any damn day I choose. Busy body neighbors Roll Eyes

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Put me in the “forgiveness” camp.

I’d rather have neighbors who keep their yard and house maintained, even if their scheduling decisions were contrary to mine than have neighbors who live in squalor and make the hood a shithole.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Good point, sir.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anytime after 9am and I'm ok with it . Doesn't matter what day it is .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Hell, depending on where you live in Hokie nation, I’m surprised there is grass to mow....there was a foot of snow in Blacksburg less than 10 days ago

Up here behind the blue line in NoVA my grass is nowhere near ready to mow

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mowers don't bother me like leaf blowers. Man, you spend 20 minutes blowing what could take you 5 with a rake or a broom.

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I was, too, but I'm of the opinion that if someone is going to mow on Sunday, they ought to at least wait 'til after church is out. The two churches within rock-throwing distance of the neighborhood might appreciate it, too.

Hey, I try to be a decent neighbor. I don't open up the garage doors and pump the Viking death metal until after 2! Razz

Well, our church has an 8:00 AM service that gets out about 9:00. Even with all of the "twice a year Catholics" it was probably out by 9:30 Easter morning.

That being said, I really don't see what the time church lets out has to do with anything. Are you saying they should remain quiet so you can sleep in church?

In general, I try to wait until 10:00 to do anything noisy outside and I try to wrap it up by 8:30 at night.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
m

Our city noise limits basically says you can be loud as you want until 10pm. I’ll hire a band and have them go on stage loud as fuck until 9:59pm. I bet the neighbors would really enjoy that Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If at all possible, I try to cut late afternoon.
Too much dew otherwise. I like dry grass cutting.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
As a kid growing up in South Mississippi (late 70's, it was), you were generally considered a miscreant hairball for mowing your grass on a Sunday. Of course, blue laws also kept the booze from flowing, and most restaurants were closed or closed early.

Nowadays it's anything goes. Sign of the times, I suppose.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Well, I see several problems with this post so far. First, I'm still asleep at 0900. But I live far enough and my house is situated such that neighbors noise doesn't bother me. Then there is the issue of me not mowing at all, I tend to hire it done. Any time Jeremy decides to cut my lawn is OK with me. The shithead who owns the house to my east doesn't worry me much. They never cut their grass and also hire it done. I assume the cutter has a real job and tries to knock it out after work. The guy living to my west (and up above) has a terrible time. He finds fairly young boys to do his work and they can't be found during sleeping hours (like me.) There is no one to my north, except those damn yankees across the river. Too far to be of any concern.

That only leaves my south end exposed..so to speak. She just bought the house and has never cut the lawn since she purchased it. She might even be a lawyer. Someone hinted at it, but I haven't smelled any stench...yet.

Its going to be cold the rest of the week, so my plan is to sleep in and not worry about it too much.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post