SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You're mowing today? Really?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You're mowing today? Really? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Come on, neighbor! Geeze!

It's Sunday.
It's Easter Sunday.
And it's well before noon.

Do you really need to be running the mower today? Now?

- - -

Okay, I realize not everyone has the "normal" work schedule, and stuff's gotta be done. I realize that not everyone has the same beliefs I do, and not everyone gives a crap about others.

But it still irks me. I just think Sunday ought to be a quiet day in the neighborhood. Especially before lunchtime.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Better than burning trash, lol.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Yea, I guess if I needed to mow I wouldn't have thought anything about it being Easter. Typically you can't mow that early around here anyway because of dew unless there's been a good breeze all night.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I work 6 days a week, for months at a time. Sunday is my only day to do anything I need to do.
I prefer getting my "crap" done first, then doing anything else for fun if I have time.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost fired up the snowblower before I left for work at 5:30 am, but decided against it...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I need to mow and burn a brush pile. Need to run the chainsaw to clean some fence row also.
Later, I’d like to run some ammo through my RIA 10mm (just had a curved MSH installed).

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I just got finished mowing.
Then again I don't have neighbors.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

If I didn't have neighbors, I wouldn't have it to complain about. Razz

My neighbors are within rock-throwing (underhanded, at Grandma strength) distance.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Invest in some noise cancelling headphones??

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They started mowing the cemetery across the street at 7:00 , because it got hot by 11:00
until I gave the head church guy an earful, then they waited till 9:30 ever since

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Those were your thoughts first thing, right?

Then you realized you completely missed the point of the day and realized you should sacrifice something and demonstrate love to your fellow man. You went over and offered to help with the yardwork, then washed and detailed his truck.

Nicely done!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I need to mow and burn a brush pile. Need to run the chainsaw to clean some fence row also.
Later, I’d like to run some ammo through my RIA 10mm (just had a curved MSH installed).

Then the Mariachi band comes over tonight for a party until 1am, right?

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Noon?

I was up at 5 ...

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Then the Mariachi band comes over tonight for a party until 1am, right?

Or Viking Death Metal...I haven’t decided on the venue just yet. Smile

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Noon?

I was up at 5 ...

I was, too, but I'm of the opinion that if someone is going to mow on Sunday, they ought to at least wait 'til after church is out. The two churches within rock-throwing distance of the neighborhood might appreciate it, too.

Hey, I try to be a decent neighbor. I don't open up the garage doors and pump the Viking death metal until after 2! Razz

God bless America.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I gave the head church guy an earful
OMG, you yelled at The Pope?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have issues with it being Sunday or that it's Easter but that it is to soon to be cutting where I live. Supposed to be down to 32 tonight.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I live on a golf course, they start working at 6 am power raking traps moving equipment mowing greens, they mow all day, so one guy cutting some grass for an hour? Lol that's nuttin!

Hey at least they aren't blasting music or making meth there

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I was out shoveling dirt at 0900......I normally do not mow until after 0900, I'll be damed if I wait on church especially in July and August....unless the congregation is going to do the mowing.

We had guests coming over, so if the yard needed mowed I would have done that as well.

I would agree that before 0900 is a bit rude....not terrible, 0700 would be terrible....... on a weekend

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Before 8, kind of rude. After 8 it's all good.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post