SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Maybe I'm just an idiot?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe I'm just an idiot? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from Bud's a few times with no problems, but actually ran into the same issue with my latest purchase. The price at Bud's jumped ~$50 in a few hours, between checking the price and returning to make the purchase. I ended up getting it from GrabAGun instead, for the same as Bud's original price.

(Are you teaching at Black River? I teach part time at NW ALETA - Juvenile Law, Firearms, MILO, Domestics.)

Posts: 21778 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've ordered from Bud's a few times with no problems, but actually ran into the same issue with my latest purchase. The price at Bud's jumped ~$50 in a few hours, between checking the price and returning to make the purchase. I ended up getting it from GrabAGun instead, for the same as Bud's original price.

(Are you teaching at Black River? I teach part time at NW ALETA - Juvenile Law, Firearms, MILO, Domestics.)

Yes, sir. I sure am at Black River full-time. Been here 11 years (Before that, Jonesboro PD 1996-2007; Walnut Ridge PD 1989-2007).

I attended DRE school at NW ALETA back in 07. I love NW Arkansas. I have a USMS buddy in Fayetteville right now who used to teach with us at Black River. He loves it up there and doesn't want to move back.

I enjoy it here at Black River. I do active shooter training, Constitutional law, DT, Off-duty threats, etc. Good gig.

Posts: 586 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fate finally smiled on me today.

I received a reply email from Proven Outfitters. The M9A3 Black is in stock, it is ITALIAN, and it ships TODAY. Cool

The total is $863, which makes it less with shipping than the Bud's LE price with free shipping after they raised it on me.

I've gotta learn some patience and read the fine print!

Posts: 586 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Does anyone who has noticed the Bud's price increases shop using some sort of "privacy" page on their browser?

I notice when shopping airline tickets, lodging, etc. the price will increase as I check it but not if I check the price anonymously.

Posts: 6674 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
No, no, no. Let me tell you about a real idiot: Me.

I signed up for one of those credit card offers back in the day when they offered 0% interest for 12 months. I get the card and they had changed the number of months the card had 0% interest.

Well there was no way I was going to tolerate that. I called the credit card company and raised hell, told them I had saved the promotional info and would complain to state and federal agencies, etc.

When I’d finally run out of breath, the rep says “Most customers were happy to learn we’d extended the 0% promotion to 18 months, but if you insist on 12 months, that’s fine too.”

What? Uhh, never mind. Eek

NRA Endowment Life Member; ISRA Member

“It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them. Using this kind of reasoning, you can believe or not believe anything about anything, without having to bother to deal with facts or logic.” ― Thomas Sowell

Posts: 4284 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Does anyone who has noticed the Bud's price increases shop using some sort of "privacy" page on their browser?

I notice when shopping airline tickets, lodging, etc. the price will increase as I check it but not if I check the price anonymously.

I sure don't know, rsbolo. I was on my private LE account when I carted the Beretta, so maybe?
My initial theory was that when Bud's gets down to 1-2 of the model, they up the price in a sort of "last minute price gouge."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
No, no, no. Let me tell you about a real idiot: Me.

I signed up for one of those credit card offers back in the day when they offered 0% interest for 12 months. I get the card and they had changed the number of months the card had 0% interest.

Well there was no way I was going to tolerate that. I called the credit card company and raised hell, told them I had saved the promotional info and would complain to state and federal agencies, etc.

When I’d finally run out of breath, the rep says “Most customers were happy to learn we’d extended the 0% promotion to 18 months, but if you insist on 12 months, that’s fine too.”

What? Uhh, never mind. Eek

HA! That's a great story!