SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Phone 8 Plus!! AN UPDATE!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Phone 8 Plus!! AN UPDATE! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
Three days old and I cannot get it to turn on, turn off, or hard reset! THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!!!! I Friggin HATE you!! Back you go later today..... Technology............Dammit!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Did you try the new way?

Quick-press the Volume Up button.
Quick-press the Volume Down button.
Press and hold the Side button for ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Power button and Volume down.

iOS sucks

buggy and slow. I hope Jony Ive gets eaten by a tiger

Apple died with Steve Jobs

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'm ever more grateful that I'm still stuck in the dark ages with iOS 9. When I replace this 6s it won't be with another iPhone.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
Wow, I'm ever more grateful that I'm still stuck in the dark ages with iOS 9. When I replace this 6s it won't be with another iPhone.

Haven't seen a compelling reason to dump the 6S either.(10.3.3)

Posts: 1813 | Location: Mid Tenn | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your issues, sounds like you got a dud (happens to all manufacturers). My iPhone 8 is blazing fast and even though I wasn’t entirely sure it was a worthy upgrade over my iPhone 7, it’s definitely proved me wrong.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Apple makes phones?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry to hear about your issues, sounds like you got a dud (happens to all manufacturers). My iPhone 8 is blazing fast and even though I wasn’t entirely sure it was a worthy upgrade over my iPhone 7, it’s definitely proved me wrong.

Since the IOS 11.01 bricked my iphone 6s. I guess I am going to find out as well. My wife had a iphone 7 and the microphone does not work. Gonna try the I phone 8 and pray.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Since the IOS 11.01 bricked my iphone 6s. I guess I am going to find out as well. My wife had a iphone 7 and the microphone does not work. Gonna try the I phone 8 and pray.

Crap, guess I'll wait a little longer to update iOS

Posts: 1813 | Location: Mid Tenn | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My 7 works perfect on the new IOS..as have all my other iPhones. You guys must be hard on your phones. I’ve never cracked a screen, broken one, dropped it in water, etc... guess I don’t have butter fingers.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

I have the 7+ and the microphone will stop working intermittently. I took it to the AT&T store where I got it and they said I needed to contact Apple directly. I'm not exactly tech savvy so we will see how this goes.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how both apple and android, can come out with an update.....that will render a perfectly working phone useless....and send it to millions and millions of customers

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Up and running with a new phone. After a SHIT -TON of crap.
1. The sprint store near where I work opened at 10 AM. I contacted them and made an appointment for 1:15 PM the same day. It showed up for my appointment waited approximately an hour. Mad was told they could not help me whatsoever because my phone was purchased at a third-party sprint store! HUH.............. They tell me to go to the Apple Store at the Mall down the street! What the hell do you mean it says Sprint over the door !!! This is very similar to their policy that for example if you purchase the telephone online they will not help you in any of the retail stores, you have to go back online for help! Once again they all are Sprint correct? Bull crap ......................

2. Extremely frustrated I drive back to work as I don't have time to forage the mall. I call the Apple Store explain the situation and they tell me they will not help me on a three day old phone and I must go back to the third party store !!!!!!!!!!WTF!! ITS AN APPLE PRODUCT AND I HAVE ALL THE INSURANCE BULLSHIT AND DID I MENTION ITS THREE DAYS OLD!!!!!!! Ugh......

3. I call the original (third-party) store and explain the situation, they do have another of a different color(I don't care as it will be in a protective case). I tell them I'll be on my way after work. I drive the almost 20 miles it to the original store and they still have a hard time understanding the story that I've explained to them. Come to find out the original sprint store that I went to that morning is the corporate store for this area, and they really don't have a lot of good things to say about it. They did tell me that the reason why Apple probably would not take it back is because it was in the first 14 days of return policy and supposedly it has to be taken to the original place of purchase ........at least the store and these people were very gracious very kind and did their best take care of me in a very quick fashion. All this for a damn phone ......... I'm exhausted!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Now that you know the rules you'll know what to do the next time your phone dies. Consider it a learning experience.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
maybe so, but what an aggravation.............and their "rules" are vague.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We have Sprint. After the first couple iPhones we started buying direct from Apple instead of a place like Best Buy. They bend over backwards for you. We've even had out of warranty iPods replaced for free.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Friggin Apple!!! They're full of themselves Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have had no issues with my 6s and the new iOS.

Years ago I did have an issue with a software update. Had to basically clear the phone of all the data and then start over. It took a while to download all my apps and info but since it was backed up it was good. It was frustrating figuring out the problem and solution.

If you have an iPhone and have an issue I would suggest you take it to the Apple Store vs any phone company store. Go online and make an appointment. I have had very good service over the years with from Apple.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
We have Sprint. After the first couple iPhones we started buying direct from Apple instead of a place like Best Buy. They bend over backwards for you. We've even had out of warranty iPods replaced for free.

That's it

Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Friggin Apple!!! They're full of themselves Mad

Confused

Are you just looking for an opportunity to get in a jab at Apple? The OP's customer service problem seems largely a Sprint issue. After the 14 day trial period ends, the Apple Store would happily handle the problem.

If the OP had purchased ANY other phone and had this issue, he would still have to deal with Sprint. The only difference is after 14 days the Apple Store will help you, a benefit unique to owning an iPhone. So how is your comment relevant?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post