SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ordering from Midway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordering from Midway Login/Join 
posted
No big deal here. Just something I learned. Small items ordered are sent via UPS and then delivered by USPS. It adds a week to the shipping. I also learned that there is an additional charge for a "an irregular box" like the one containing cardboard targets despite a low shipping weight. I also have tried to combine orders when possible, then the whole order comes from UPS in two days. Thought this might help others who can avoid the mistakes.

Midway publishes my positive reviews, but seems to leave those out that are critical of their product. Not a scathing criticism, just statements like these shotgun shell failed to cycle in my semi auto shotgun.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway shipping is odd but it gets to me in the Frozen North quickly. 4 days for most stuff I order.
If they would just quit emailing me 47 times a day, I would a satisfied customer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Overall Midway is one of my 1st checks with whatever. I really don't need most things 'yesterday'.

If the final trip comes via USPS, no biggie. I did order from Gafs the other week. They were about the only place that had the 6.5mm Sierra bullets in stock that I wanted for the Arisaka.

Now I'm down to the last 100 bullets, may have to get more.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
My only gripe about midway is every damned time I go to their website for a $5 part I can't get away with spending less than $200. Browsing their clearance/sale section is sooooo dangerous!

But, I've gotten a lot of really great stuff from them at fantastic prices. Sometimes they lose their mind and put super-popular stuff on clearance - like Berger 105 hybrids for like $120/500. Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased some of those cardboard targets from Midway. I'm not sure I would ever do it again. I had a 'free shipping' code and ordered the targets along with a couple of Redding dies, some neck bushings and some paper targets. First thing I got was the 'special handling' you mention on the cardboard targets with regular shipping and the $10 'special fee'. The day it was supposed to arrive, UPS didn't even come by the house. I got an email saying 'the customer refused the package and it was being returned to the sender'. After calling UPS, I was told that the package was 'damaged' and was being returned to the sender and I would have to contact the sender for credit or whatever.

Everything else came the next day in one big box. The dies and the bushings were tossed in the bottom of the box, loose, a couple of air baggies then another box on top with the paper targets in it. One of the little zip lock bags with a bushing had managed to get between the folds of the box and nearly escaped.

When I called Midway, I got someone who sounded like she could care less about the issue. The damaged package would have to get back to them and then 'they would investigate' and if I hadn't damage the product, they would replace it. I mentioned the poor packaging of the bushings and didn't even get a 'we'll pass that along to shipping' reply. Basically didn't care.

Damaging the box is on UPS, but I'm done with Midway based on their CS.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post