SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ebay "temporarily suspended" my account
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay "temporarily suspended" my account Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
Caveat - I know it's ebay. I know they're stupid. I suppose I should expect it.

A while back I bought a Knights' MAMS brake off Ebay. it was $50-$100 less than a New one, so I figured why not!

I decided to sell it recently so I tossed it up on Ebay. Of course, Immediately, it gets taken down under the "Weapons Parts and Accessories" Oh yeah - I can't mention the fact it's a suppressor host.

So I reposted it without mentioning suppressors or anything. Again, They immediately took it down for violating the "assault weapons policy." No real definitive reason, just "Assault Weapons Policy."

I gave up and tossed the device back on my bench.

That was about a month or so ago. I figured I'd post it again and just said "MAMS muzzle device by Knights."

Got taken down again and boom. I'm temporarily suspended.

There are a couple other Knight's muzzle brakes on Ebay, so wtf. My complaint isn't policies (that's another complaint entirely). THey can do whatever the hell they want. My issue is that there's no rhyme or reason to the enforcement their shitty policies, it would seem. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fleabay.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In the future I recommend you sell firearm parts on Gunbroker. EBay needs to either allow the sale of all non-NFA-regulated gun parts, or none of them. They are vague, arbitrary and capricious about what constitutes a "firearm part" and inconsistent in their policy application and enforcement. I don't like either EBay or their butt-buddies PayPal for anything because of this.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
We have a convenient Classifieds section here, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
In the future I recommend you sell firearm parts on Gunbroker.

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
We have a convenient Classifieds section here, too.

This ^^^^^

Knowing eBay's and PayPal's sometimes-erratic policies, I don't get why people keep poking the beasts.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I dont have a GB account for a few reasons. But ive learned my lesson. Buying on ebay is sometimes the cheapest. But selling there is a joke and im done.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
been there, done that, and have an alternate ebay account to sell stuff on when I get suspended,

and you are now on a list, as in they will monitor you a bit more closely,

be careful of the wordage you use, AR M4 M14 and a few others will flag, Colt Armalite LMT will not,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Your fault, selling just one. Sell 300 knockoffs shipped straight from China and they'd be A-okay.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have bought every single part to build a custom Glock (except for the frame) off of eBay. Crazy how they sell all that but don’t allow muzzle devices.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think it's the small subtleties of the title and description that raises attention. One can find all types of gun parts on fleabay, with many the listing will be vague.

I had an AR part listed a few years back, saw others listed already. I ended up getting a nasty gram about my listing. It's my wife's account so I went elsewhere.

I've even seen guys list a gun on Craigslist, you just have to ready between the lines. If they had a problem with your ad the 1st time, there may of been a watch to see what your next move was.

Of course some do gooders may have nothing better to do than hound you over selling evil weapons parts.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I've even seen guys list a gun on Craigslist, you just have to ready between the lines.

I bought my S&W 3913 off Craigslist a while back. (2005ish?) The ad was for 3x 3913 magazines "with some other stuff to go around the magazines".

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
eBay has all sorts of key word tagging built into their site. Certain words will set the eBay Police into action also there is feature that allows a bidder to report your item to eBay if they don't catch it. I sometimes will have to reword a listing a couple of time before they let it remain on their site. The funnest one was a rotary tool I was selling, in the title I had the "spiral" bits, the eBay Police thought it was a sex tool and I was told I had to relist under that heading. It took a call to CS to get them to allow listing in tools.

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What, you mean that a Dremel is NOT a sex toy?

Who knew?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post