SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    perverse posting
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

perverse posting Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
"Everyday pleasures" could have been a regular
"Moment of Zen" place for meditations on how we relax and enjoy life. I'd love to see it resurrected with a warning.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ac130nav
posted Hide Post
At the risk of being excoriated for comparing the comments in this thread to what the leftist crop of 'snowflakes' are demanding, e.g. safe areas where they don't have to deal with differing views, comments, and opinions of others who don't share their fragile sensibilities. I really believe that the majority of sigforum members aren't cut from that cloth, but rather are capable of their own individual thoughts and opinions without feeling a need to be isolated from the day to day reality of exposure to the views,including those of a perverse nature, of others.

Member GOA
NRA Endowment Life Member
Father of three
Grandfather to four
Great Grandfather to two

Posts: 150 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Para tries to keep a lid on such things. Not that we can't handle it but there are women members here and we're trying not to run them off with over the top crude or perverted behavior.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this thread was in no way an attempt at censorship,

Time and place is the key here.

If the thread title is in no way political and the initial thread post has no inference of politics,

there is no need to inject anything political in to the thread, or overtly sexual, overtly religious or flagrantly inappropriate in general.

I am not here to tell you what to talk about in your own threads, I am strongly suggesting that you think about the title of the thread and the previous content , prior to posting .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumped as a reminder to those that feel the need to make a comment certain to result in a lock.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Bumped as a reminder to those that feel the need to make a comment certain to result in a lock.

Ladies and gentlemen, a prime example, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9530017024/p/2

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Ladies and gentlemen, a prime example, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9530017024/p/2

That's the one.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

That's the one.

I was setting the over/under in my mind for that thread at 2 pages before being locked. I was assuming someone would say something over the top about our first lady. Was not however even close on what actually said to get the lock.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I knew that thread didn't have a chance as soon as I saw the title, simply because of the inevitable responses. Particularly discouraging since the saboteurs (intentional or otherwise) in these types of threads are often people who've been around long enough to know better.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
bendable's threads beg to get locked...

"look what bendable hath wrought."
-parabellum

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and that goes for making light of peoples appearance as well!

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
How about not suggesting or hoping or commenting that everyone picked up by the cops and going to jail get buttfucked by or married to or be forced to ball gargle their cellmate?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was that me artie ?

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Something that I've been thinking of recently, along these lines, is the childish making fun of people's names. Many of us do not like the Obamas (neither Barack nor Michelle), we don't really care for Senator McCain, or Hillary Clinton, just to name a few.

However, it is easy enough to state the case against any of these people just by sticking to the facts. Making fun of their names is childish and really does give the appearance of coming from an immature school kid.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
How about not suggesting or hoping or commenting that everyone picked up by the cops and going to jail get buttfucked by or married to or be forced to ball gargle their cellmate?

I don’t keep track of the people who make such posts, but I agree completely. What absolutely mystifies me is a group that by and large is so concerned about maintenance of law and order in general has so many people who believe it’s just fine for violent men who are already serving time in prison to be able to continue to victimize new prisoners who are not violent and brutal enough to defend themselves. What it’s clearly saying is, “I hope that a criminal is able to satisfy his sexual desires by committing more crimes while in a place that should be controlled like nothing else.”

Even worse (if possible) was the rejoicing that greeted the report that one of the men whose sentence the former President commuted had been hunted down and killed by gang members. Is that the sort of society we want to live in: one in which it’s not only acceptable, but laudable to murder people we don’t like? I truly wonder sometimes if some people give any thought whatsoever to the things they advocate.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
was that me artie ?

I don't think so. It's a generic comment and not directed at anyone, but I just noticed that Para locked one after that comment.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Something that I've been thinking of recently, along these lines, is the childish making fun of people's names. Many of us do not like the Obamas (neither Barack nor Michelle), we don't really care for Senator McCain, or Hillary Clinton, just to name a few.

However, it is easy enough to state the case against any of these people just by sticking to the facts. Making fun of their names is childish and really does give the appearance of coming from an immature school kid.

Funny you should mention that. I tried to avoid doing so, although I admit to referring to him in writing occasionally as "Bam!" I will say that when he was first elected, I resolved to never use the word "president" and the name of the most recent ex-president in the same sentence, and so far as I know, I was successful in doing so.

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You guys are a bunch of grumps.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
From you, Mr. Burg, that's a compliment! Smile

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This is abuse. Arguments are in 12A.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post