SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    perverse posting
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

perverse posting Login/Join 
posted
adjective
willfully determined or disposed to go counter to what is expected or desired; contrary.
characterized by or proceeding from such a determination or disposition:
a perverse mood.
wayward or cantankerous.
persistent or obstinate in what is wrong.
turned away from or rejecting what is right, good, or proper; wicked or corrupt.

The only reason I post this is because there seem to be a few that are ruining it for the many.

Whether you are a raging bible thumping pervert, a uncontrollable political expert pervert, or certifiable sex addict pervert,

Please take the time to consider the other members when you make the decision to add or contribute to an existing thread.

Anyone of the aforementioned topics added to a thread can get the thread locked if not deemed pertinent to the existing discussion.

Thank you for your consideration.

there is fun and then there is derailing

Coming soon:

vague thread titles and why they are undesirable

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was really disappointing to see your daily pleasure thread (ultimate feel good subject) taken out with politics.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
You beat me to it sir.

Look around the board for the little "locks", based on the thread title you can pretty quickly guess the last post is a sexual reference or something to make a non-political thread, political.

And often by members whom I respect and have tens of thousands more posts than me. Just frustrating because we've all been here long enough to know better.

I'm to the point that there are certain topics or items I do not share anymore, because I can tell my the subject that the thread will be locked before the end of the first page due to everything Bendable listed above.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
It was really disappointing to see your daily pleasure thread (ultimate feel good subject) taken out with politics.

Agree - I actually swore out loud over that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Does anyone bother to call out the offenders via email?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
And though it doesn't happen much since Para gave out some much deserved smackdowns, please PLEASE refrain from commenting on anyone's physical appearance! I've come to the point that I'll read something, think about commenting, wait, type a response and about 75% of the time delete what I typed and move on.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I agree, it's downright disappointing. Seems now that almost every thread I open, I expect to see some juvenile crap or stupid political stuff posted. Like the one about the idiot who attacked the Flamingo; I expected to see some buffoon post 'pink lives matter,' thinking they were being witty or something.

That stuff gets old REALLY fast, especially when it's so common and predictable.

Or the descent into sexual innuendo that is all too common, too. It's like some board members are 14 yrs old thinking they are 'cool' for posting this stupid stuff.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Dear SigForum,
I always thought your posts were fake until....

Sorry I was channeling my 14 year old.

Yeah, I was disappointed that the Daily pleasures one got locked.

And the throwing of politics into ANY thread is way too old.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Para is actually more patient than I often expect him to be with foolish "thread lockers". More often than not he'll give "a wag of the finger" and then shut the thread down. It is disappointing when a veteran member crosses the line.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Para is actually more patient than I often expect him to be with foolish "thread lockers". More often than not he'll give "a wag of the finger" and then shut the thread down. It is disappointing when a veteran member crosses the line.

Sometimes "sometimes" it is funny, like really funny. But like so many other things, people cannot stand being left out so they have to channel their inner joke writer as well...instant thread derail.

Although the politics into every thread, that is freaking nails on a chalk board to me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Me too! I like those kind of posts, lets me know a little more about invisible friends.

PS - Watering the garden and playing with Black when I get home from work.

Black's Life Matters! So does Gray's.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I add the proverbial low hanging fruit replies?

Example: picture of a damaged car, boat, airplane, etc.

Guaranteed comment: "That'll buff right out."

Mildly humorous the first 75,000 times I heard that line. Now, not so much.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this thread was in no way an attempt at censorship,

Time and place is the key here.

If the thread title is in no way political and the initial thread post has no inference of politics,

there is no need to inject anything political in to the thread.

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is this the right room for an argument?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Same here.

I didn't get the chance to add mine is (on Saturday mornings only) putting whole cream into my coffee. It's like dessert in a cup!!

My latest - Satellite watching (see my thread about that)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
quote:

Same here.

I didn't get the chance to add mine is (on Saturday mornings only) putting whole cream into my coffee. It's like dessert in a cup!!

My latest - Satellite watching (see my thread about that)

Bendable, with you permission I'd like to hijack your thread and ask everyone here that has a modicum of decency to reply to your original "small daily pleasures" thread here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Despite my avid appreciation for the female form, I tend to dislike it when a discussion about a movie or television show devolves into hur-durr "she's purrty" comments about the actresses in the media being discussed. This may come as a shock, but there are actresses who are extremely talented at acting while also being pretty.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Agree orguss.

Or the RoP saying.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Bendable, with you permission I'd like to hijack your thread and ask everyone here that has a modicum of decency to reply to your original "small daily pleasures" thread here.

I don't see any reason why he can't start a new thread in the lounge.

I liked the thread because it made me think of what I considered my daily pleasures. I never came up with one before the thread got closed.

That's one of the things I like about the threads here, a good number of them "make me think."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Is this the right room for an argument?"

No!