SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Perpetual Fear, Doom, and Gloom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perpetual Fear, Doom, and Gloom Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Blue skies and rainbows.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the reality of politics that I've lived through for all my life.
1st started paying attention with Johnson and have survived and made the "American Dream" work for me.
It has its ups and downs , but it is what it is.

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
If you study history you will find that it adds perspective. You'll see much of the stuff we experience today has happened in the past, and we survived it just fine. The difference today is social media. These people have created a system where more clicks makes them more money. Who clicks more often? Fanatical pissed off people on both sides. So, to make more money its in their best interest to keep people pissed and clicking. The root of the malware.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It’s funny that one side of the argument fixates. If you look at the social media accounts of the worst offenders, there are no videos of cats. No pictures of sunrises. It’s all Trump hate. CNN talking points. They are completely rabid. Fanatical in every way.

There’s no reasoning with people like that.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m tired of politics and anyone that politicizes everything. I’m tired of the whining on both sides. It’s old, tiresome, had enough. I vote, and after I’m done with that I’m done with politics. It’s funny reading or listening to someone telling you should be going bat shit crazy when they don’t pay your bills, aren’t going to bail you out of a jam, etc. I had to tell one fucker, what do you want me to do, go get arrested? You paying for my bail and the fucking attorney? Gonna pay my bills for me while I’m away fighting for my virgin butt hole? Geez. If I have learned anything in this life it is to work on things I can change, and spend zero time on things that I cannot. My bills have to be paid, and unless you pay them for me your got damn opinion is worth how much you write on a check and mail to me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Rogers comes in handy here. The platform will always be the same, promise everything, deliver nothing. ... The Republicans mopped up, the Democrats gummed up, and I will now try and sum up.

This would be a great time in the world for some man to come along that knew something.

Reading his stuff helps with perspective. He has been dead quite some time.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’m tired of politics and anyone that politicizes everything. I’m tired of the whining on both sides. It’s old, tiresome, had enough. I vote, and after I’m done with that I’m done with politics. It’s funny reading or listening to someone telling you should be going bat shit crazy when they don’t pay your bills, aren’t going to bail you out of a jam, etc. I had to tell one fucker, what do you want me to do, go get arrested? You paying for my bail and the fucking attorney? Gonna pay my bills for me while I’m away fighting for my virgin butt hole? Geez. If I have learned anything in this life it is to work on things I can change, and spend zero time on things that I cannot. My bills have to be paid, and unless you pay them for me your got damn opinion is worth how much you write on a check and mail to me.

You and I are on the same page. I cannot worry about things beyond my control. Instead I focus on things I can control.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post