SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Please stop raining!
I get 3 days off a week. It has rained every day off I have had except for 2 since November. So blasted frustrating. I have things I need to do outside but can’t. The ground is soaked constantly. We are lucky compared to other portions of the state that are flooded out pretty bad. Lots of folks have lost everything and a number of folks have lost their lives so for me just not being able to get stuff done is minor so I should be thankful for that.

Cumberland Falls is down the road a bit. Here it is currently:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/kaxXAs45Gr0

Here is a typical day:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2HSA4qfiTlg

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I feel you. I'm in Middle Tennessee, and I've had to cancel my weekend plans nearly every week this year. I did get a hike in at Virgin Falls earlier, but we literally hiked through a tornado and driving rain. Half the parks around are closed due to flooding right now even if we did want to brave the rain.

I guess the one consolation is that my Jeep is broken right now so I can't get too far offroad anyway, but part of the reason it's broken is because it's pouring every weekend and I can't get under it to work on it. It's been very frustrating, I don't even try to make plans before Thursday right now because it's just a waste of time without looking at the forecast.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Pretty slushy around here, also. Really it’s a typical East Texas winter....too thick to drink, too thin to plow.
The cattle can keep their feet dry on the high spots, but they are running out of high spots.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Cheer up, guys. This past weekend was fairly nice, with this big shiny thing in the sky on Sunday. I actually did see it.

And the local weather guesser says this upcoming one will be pretty good too. Of course I don't believe him because he's always wrong.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
A wet sloppy mess here. I'm in middle TN also

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Cheer up, guys. This past weekend was fairly nice, with this big shiny thing in the sky on Sunday. I actually did see it.

And the local weather guesser says this upcoming one will be pretty good too. Of course I don't believe him because he's always wrong.

Haha, you're right it was a great weekend! One of the only ones we've had! I had the Flu!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Checking in from Jackson area. Yeah, the city on the national news all week. Luckily we're clear of the flooding but it's a full mess.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
East TN is a little wet too..my backyard creek was in my front yard!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Well there is one good thing about California..

Mid 70's today with a slight breeze and sunny skies.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post