SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Went shooting yesterday and the range manager muzzled me multiple times from the sales floor. Edit: GM responded via email.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went shooting yesterday and the range manager muzzled me multiple times from the sales floor. Edit: GM responded via email. Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
What kind of range has visibility into the sales floor? Every range I've been to has two-level entry into and out of the shooting area, with no glass evident except into the RSO office, and that even opposite down range.

One of the local indoor ranges here has large, bullet resistant glass windows at the back of the range, along with the Range Masters office. These look onto the sales floor.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

What kind of range has visibility into the sales floor?
Shoot Straight is a multi-location gun seller here in Florida.

The closest one to me, in Apopka FL, has a large glass window between the sales floor and the range.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to all of the 9 of the Shoot Straight stores in Florida, but all those I have been to have the glass window as described by V-Tail.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both ranges I frequent have large glass viewing areas.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:
His answer takes the cake, “bulletproof glass, bud” he said.

that would have triggered me a little bit. Unless I was told by the owner/ manager steps have been taken to make sure it doesn't happen again I would never be in the place again.

The GM’s response arrived today.

“ I wanted to get with you directly to thank you for beginning your concerns about your experience at our location this past weekend to our attention. I wanted to talked with my employees directly and to review what happen during your visit to the club. It is clear that our employees did not handle things with you correctly and I am sorry for the concern. The employee involved does understand the concern and has taken responsibility for not handling the incident in a professional manner. I have counseled the individual in question about the your concerns and his unprofessional response to your valid questions.

I hope you will accept my apologies for this incident.”

personally, I think that's fair enough

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
The GM’s response arrived today.

“ I wanted to get with you directly to thank you for beginning your concerns about your experience at our location this past weekend to our attention. I wanted to talked with my employees directly and to review what happen during your visit to the club. It is clear that our employees did not handle things with you correctly and I am sorry for the concern. The employee involved does understand the concern and has taken responsibility for not handling the incident in a professional manner. I have counseled the individual in question about the your concerns and his unprofessional response to your valid questions.

I hope you will accept my apologies for this incident.”

It is a corporate answer designed not to accept any liability, more but more than I expected you would receive.

Sounds to me like the GM understand they are a retail store like any other, and depend on word-of-mouth customers as well.

Were it me, I would be satisfied with this response and at least give them one more chance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post