SIGforum
Went shooting yesterday and the range manager muzzled me multiple times from the sales floor. Edit: GM responded via email.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3360022364

November 16, 2019, 05:54 AM
gibby29
Went shooting yesterday and the range manager muzzled me multiple times from the sales floor. Edit: GM responded via email.
Big glass windows and I just happened to be reloading and was looking out into the sales floor. This manager is a young guy and he’s sitting on a stool talking to a customer when he reaches into his backpack and grabs a pistol, multiple times that pistol is pointed into the firing lane and specifically at me.

I get so steamed I pack up and leave. On my way out, I ask him while he’s still talking to the customer “is that pistol in your bag loaded?”.

“Yep” he answers.

“Awesome because you flagged me multiple times”

His answer takes the cake, “bulletproof glass, bud” he said.

I said “okay, cool, I’ll remember we don’t have to use muzzle discipline anymore if I come back”. Knowing I wasn’t getting anywhere I just left.

The more I thought about it, the more steamed I got at his answer. I know I can’t call back in to this store because he’s a manager and I’m sure I’ll be funneled right into him but they have a new second store so I call there and ask to speak to a manager. I ask the manager if they have a general manager that oversees both stores. He responds with a kinda and transfers me to the head of retail for both stores who listens to me intently. Needless to say he was mortified. He took my name, number and email so I’m hoping this gets corrected promptly. In the meantime, I’m just going to start going to the other location I guess. It’s a little harder to get to but the first location seems like an afterthought since they built the new one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gibby29,
November 16, 2019, 06:02 AM
Edmond
Can you get in touch with the owner?

That answer, more than anything else, is what would piss me off. That’s a flippant attitude at least and just a dick move overall.

November 16, 2019, 06:29 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Do you think that he would be willing to put his money where his mouth is?

Stand at the window while you fire at him from the other side?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
November 16, 2019, 06:54 AM
Ronin1069
quote:
His answer takes the cake, “bulletproof glass, bud” he said
. Eek

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
November 16, 2019, 07:46 AM
.38supersig
Just... Damn!

November 16, 2019, 08:48 AM
quote:
His answer takes the cake, “bulletproof glass, bud” he said

Well, "I'm the only one here professional enough to..." Roll Eyes

Q

November 16, 2019, 08:49 AM
cslinger
Bullet RESISTANT glass asshat. I would totally try to talk to an owner or superior.

Like was said the response is what is troubling.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
November 16, 2019, 09:00 AM
gibby29
He’s a young kid with no customer service skills whatsoever. He could’ve said a hundred other things that would’ve satisfied me.

I am happy so far with the outcome from my talk with the retail manager. I don’t think there’s any one owner I can talk to, there’s got to be an investment group behind this place. There’s way too much money involved.
November 16, 2019, 11:58 AM
SW_Sig
What store/range?
November 16, 2019, 01:34 PM
YooperSigs
Bullet resistant glass is very expensive. My guess is that they dont have it. And is the wall around the glass armored?
When he made that comment to me, I would have said, "Show me, shoot it".
Idiot with gun in backpack story:
A female friend of mine would tell me stories about an idiot her daughter had married. The last story she told me was the dude had been shooting a Glock and put the still loaded pistol into a backpack. At home, he tossed the backpack onto the floor, the gun fired and the bullet hit him in the head and killed him.
Just watching this "manager" pull a loaded pistol out of a backpack would have scared me as much the poor muzzle control.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
November 16, 2019, 05:41 PM
2012BOSS302
Well even if it was bullet resistant, depending on the angle there is a possibility of ricochet and glass fragments. Where does he think those are going - into a black hole or possibly back at the customer with him on the sales floor?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
November 18, 2019, 08:36 AM
Pale Horse
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
What store/range?

I too would like to know.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
November 18, 2019, 11:06 AM
ARMT Guy
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
What store/range?

I too would like to know.

Count me in, too.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

November 18, 2019, 11:44 AM
nasig
quote:

that would have triggered me a little bit. Unless I was told by the owner/ manager steps have been taken to make sure it doesn't happen again I would never be in the place again.
November 18, 2019, 11:50 AM
gibby29
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:

that would have triggered me a little bit. Unless I was told by the owner/ manager steps have been taken to make sure it doesn't happen again I would never be in the place again.

The GM’s response arrived today.

“ I wanted to get with you directly to thank you for beginning your concerns about your experience at our location this past weekend to our attention. I wanted to talked with my employees directly and to review what happen during your visit to the club. It is clear that our employees did not handle things with you correctly and I am sorry for the concern. The employee involved does understand the concern and has taken responsibility for not handling the incident in a professional manner. I have counseled the individual in question about the your concerns and his unprofessional response to your valid questions.

I hope you will accept my apologies for this incident.”
November 18, 2019, 11:52 AM
fpuhan
What kind of range has visibility into the sales floor? Every range I've been to has two-level entry into and out of the shooting area, with no glass evident except into the RSO office, and that even opposite down range.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
November 18, 2019, 11:54 AM
Otto Pilot
I have seen it done both ways in multiple locations. It's not as uncommon as you might think.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
November 18, 2019, 11:56 AM
gibby29
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
What kind of range has visibility into the sales floor? Every range I've been to has two-level entry into and out of the shooting area, with no glass evident except into the RSO office, and that even opposite down range.

It’s pretty common here. I can think of at least six ranges I know of across the state that have glass viewing into the range.

They all have the two door sound catch also.
November 18, 2019, 12:31 PM
Pale Horse
quote:
quote:

It’s pretty common here. I can think of at least six ranges I know of across the state that have glass viewing into the range.

Yeah I can think of a lot all over the country that I’ve shot at.

It seems like the newer ranges tend to have this setup more than older ones.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
November 18, 2019, 12:33 PM
P220 Smudge
I would have been hopping mad. You handled it well, better than I would have. Everything preceding it let alone, when he dropped "Bud," that's when I would have flipped my shit switch. Definitely sounds like an ignorant kid that needs some training and education and I'm glad you made the effort to make sure that it made it all the way up the chain. Hopefully, the kid learned. Hopefully, that was a major wake up call and his attitude is properly adjusted now.

There's just something about some of the young guys they throw behind the counter at some gun shops. They don't know shit, but they know everything and you don't. I've had counter jockeys sweep me repeatedly and when I said something, got "relax, it's not loaded." That's when I don't spend money, walk out the door, and never return.

quote:
quote:

Not just Georgia, there's a least one range I've been to here in Washington that was set up that way, and briefly checked out another that appeared to be done the same. Fairly common setup. Helps cross-market the shop's goods and services. As Pale Horse says, more common with the newer places.