SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Logistics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Logistics Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
These imbeciles can not find their own ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Previous order, they could not find the address. My address is The UPS Store!

I never had a problem with deliveries there, via USPS.

I never had a problem with deliveries there, via FedEx.

I never had a problem with deliveries there, via United Parcel.

Current order? "Sorry we missed you," said the email. I contacted Amazon customer service. Turns out that the idiots at Amazon Logistics attempted delivery at 6:41 pm. THIS IS A FREAKIN' BUSINESS ADDRESS. The business (The UPS Store) closes at 6:30 pm. If you are in the delivery business, delivering to an address that receives hundreds of packages every day, how can you not know this? And, re the previous order, how can you not find the address?
I had no expectation of satisfaction from Amazon Customer service regarding this, especially when I saw the rep's name, indicating that he was probably located on the Asian sub-continent.

Well, much to my surprise, the first thing he did was to offer a one-month extension of my prime membership. Give him a point.

Second thing, he offered "carrier deprioritization." I asked what that was, he said that my account would be noted and they would NOT use Amazon Logistics for future shipments to me. Give him another point.

Third, I indicated that the delivery needs to be made NO LATER than 9:00 am local time, tomorrow morning. Anything later than that and the order would be refused, immediate refund expected. He said he would get it delivered between 8:00 am and 9:00 am. Give him another point.

I pointed out that Amazon Logistics and their antics is costing their company in terms of the need for damage control, and this needs to be addressed on a "big picture" basis. He agreed.

The score: Amazon Logistics, zero. Amazon customer service, three (assuming that they actually do get the order delivered before 9:00 am tomorrow morning).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same problem here. Amazon Logistics is terrible. I tried to have a package delivered here to my work and they also said they couldn't find the address. We get multiple deliveries daily from FedEx and UPS as well as daily mail and packages from USPS. None of them have any problem finding the building or reading the signs that say the company name. Some how for AMazon the building became invisible or something I guess.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've heard the same complaints from customers. Include OnTrak in that, too.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Well, 9:00 am has come and gone, no delivery from Amazon. 10:00 am, still nothing.

Another chat session with Amazon customer service. I told them that delivery attempts would not be accepted, please cancel the order and refund the purchase price without delay. They did the refund.

I asked them, given the TWO strikes on this order, to please explain to me exactly why I should pay $120.00 / year for Prime membership. <crickets>

Customer service rep asked me to please accept delivery when it arrives. I said no way, you had two chances, I'm not going to accept it. I'll buy the item someplace else. Ebay has them.

Customer service said they had already made the refund, please accept delivery, no charge for the item, compensation for my inconvenience and aggravation.

I agreed, not a big item, it was a $12.99 band for the Apple watch that I bought from Ronin1069 here on SIGforum.

We'll see if it is delivered today? This week? This month?

Deepak said this was "not a usual problem."

I corrected him: I have never had problems with deliveries from Amazon via USPS, FedEx, nor UPS. On the other hand, LaserShip and Amazon Logistics have consistently dropped the ball. The manager at The UPS Store, where I receive my deliveries, informs me that LaserShip and Amazon Logistics are constant sources of problems.

Amazon agreed to mark my account "DO NOT USE AMAZON LOGISTICS."

We'll see what happens. I'll keep an open mind for now.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

That, if it happens, is a good thing in your situation. The issue they can't appear to deal with is a ship-to address with specific hours. But, then, how do they service their business customers? You'd think they could figure this out.

I have an issue with them they can't solve by marking the account. My issue is that one of the addresses I need deliveries to doesn't have a mailbox (summer rental house) so USPS doesn't deliver. If Amazon ships via UPS or FedEx, sometimes the carrier switches to "SmartPost" or "SurePost" to save money by having USPS deliver. At that address, those shipments wind up 'delivered' to a random post office instead of the delivery address. But Amazon says they can't mark the account with "No USPS substitution to that address". Workaround they offered is that I pay -over and above my Prime membership' for 'one-day delivery' which Amazon claims never uses USPS. So they lose business, as I just buy from other sources for that location.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There may be something to Trump's accusations that Amazon is skating on things, such as USPS shipping charges. I have noticed that, ever since Trump started raising a ruckus, more-and-more is getting delivered to the ensigmatic household via UPS.

One of the reasons I liked Prime was 2nd, sometimes 3rd, day delivery not using some fly-by-night random service. If they start using that stuff on us, Prime will certainly be history, here.

Like Netflix, it's hanging by a thread, anyway. They charge too much for rentals (c'mon: $4 for a rental of a nine-year-old movie?) and they've no app for Android TV devices, to which we're probably switching.

I can get a lot of 2nd Day shipping for $120/year. That's if I even need it. Walmart ships 2nd Day for free, now. So does Best Buy.

Last major-ish purchase, the streaming device they won't support, I picked up from Walmart. Later today I'll go over to Best Buy and buy another component of the system I'm building. Not long ago Amazon would have gotten both of those. I'm beginning to try to wean us off them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
On a recent order that was delayed a couple of days. I needed it. I called. They said USPS has it and they can't find my address.

I've had the same address for 8 years. It's on my Amazon account, it's the only address there. I've had deliveries from every carrier and now the Post Office can't find my address???????

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

That, if it happens, is a good thing in your situation. The issue they can't appear to deal with is a ship-to address with specific hours. But, then, how do they service their business customers? You'd think they could figure this out.

I have an issue with them they can't solve by marking the account. My issue is that one of the addresses I need deliveries to doesn't have a mailbox (summer rental house) so USPS doesn't deliver. If Amazon ships via UPS or FedEx, sometimes the carrier switches to "SmartPost" or "SurePost" to save money by having USPS deliver. At that address, those shipments wind up 'delivered' to a random post office instead of the delivery address. But Amazon says they can't mark the account with "No USPS substitution to that address". Workaround they offered is that I pay -over and above my Prime membership' for 'one-day delivery' which Amazon claims never uses USPS. So they lose business, as I just buy from other sources for that location.

You should be able to have them flag your delivery address. I had issues with Smart Post deliveries a couple years ago and had my address flagged (like V Tail) for no deliveries via Smart Post. Now everything that Amazon fulfills either comes UPS for FedEx. Orders that are no fulfilled by Amazon are the only ones that show up with Smart Post now.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post