SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I pitch my bitch at scammers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I pitch my bitch at scammers Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Three calls today that my windows pc is f'd up. Well FU back scammer. And talk better English.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you tried not answering your phone? You can avoid scammer phone calls with this one weird trick.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If the caller isn't in my contacts list, the call is silenced and blocked so I am not bothered. Tactic works for me. Same for text messages. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a home phone. If you are not in my contacts list on my mobile - you go right to VM.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have you tried not answering your phone? You can avoid scammer phone calls with this one weird trick.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Grin My husband used to get pissed when I would not answer my phone...If I do not know the number, I do not answer. I think he is ok with it now Smile

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Having an air horn or really loud and obnoxious music has definitely cut back on the unwanted calls lately. As a matter of fact, I think I’m going on about 4 weeks with no calls. I even answered the ones where you need to push 3 to talk to an operator Wink.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
If I don't recognize the call, I let it go to VM which is a computer saying leave a message for my phone number. No name.

If I don't get a message, all the better.

I think TMO has the SCAM LIKELY caller ID. I've seen it on my phone a few times.

Pretty much, if you're not recognized and I'm not expecting a call, I don't answer.

Hell, I don't even answer some people on my contact list. They get voicemail and I don't respond. I'll wait for a text from them and answer if it says what they want. Don't need to chitchat when I know you want something, just get to it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My wife and I do not answer our home phone unless we recognize the number and let our answering machine do it.
Last night we got a call with a computer generated voice telling us our apple cloud account has a problem and to not log into it.
The message told us we needed to call them first.
We also get the same voice mail that the IRS is coming to get us.
The sad question is how many people fall for this.
A friend told me about his family members that have lost money with the lottery phone scam more than once.
I worked with someone that gave out his bank account number to a scammer over the phone. As soon as he hung up he realized what he did and called his bank. Thankfully he did not lose any money.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some assholes spoofed a number close to my friends and I answered.
Big opportunity for a cruise! And Norovirus.
After hello, the spiel started and I said nothing. And kept up the silence just so I could see how long the caller would keep talking. This went for 4 minutes before the woman finally hung up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My home phone is ALWAYS answered by the answering machine, if they leave a message that means something to me I call them back. My cell phone- if not on my contact list I do not answer, again they can leave a message. Now most of my home phone calls result in hangups as soon as the answering machine comes on.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't answer if I don't know the number or I'm expecting a work phone call.

For work, if they are cold calling they can leave a message.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a call today from the Bangledesh office of Microsoft. I told them I'm Microsoft, their computer was infected and I needed a valid credit card number to fix it. The guy called me a naughty name and hung up on me. During the subsequent 27 return phone calls I made to them this afternoon I left approximately 15 voicemails of Icejjfish's "on The Floor" (Google it, drink excessively if you intend to listen for more than 38 seconds...) and the remaining calls I attempted to extend the hand of international friendship. The same guy keeps hanging up on me. I'm starting to think he doesnt want to be friends.

My kids said I need a hobby, I never really liked golf all that much.

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have the ringer turned off on my house phone...I just checked and TODAY I show 13 unanswered phone calls from numbers I don't know...I don't answer my home phone since I answered it a while back and was infected with the 'bola and died, twice.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I don't have a home phone. If you are not in my contacts list on my mobile - you go right to VM.

^^^^^This

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
The weirdest call I received was when someone called me saying that my brother had been hurt badly and I needed to come. He got angry when I kept asking what my brother's name was. I guess I was supposed to get all flustered and supply it? Not sure how this one works. Anyway, I don't have a brother.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Most times I don’t take calls that the number is not on my contact list... the only reason I do it is that some old friends might changed their phone, it could be an emergency and my kid or wife might be using someone else’s phone...besides that I do talk to people I don’t know.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Heather from Credit Services is in love with me.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Yea, got the "Your Windows PC is corrupted" you must call us back immediately so we can help you save it. EXTREMELY urgent!!!! This was a voice mail a couple weeks ago.

We don't have a Windows PC. All Apple stuff through and through here.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many of them are just recordings but for the times you get a real person, check the Tom Mabes clips on YouTube. Hilarious.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post