SIGforum
I pitch my bitch at scammers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3340048144

May 16, 2018, 05:50 PM
Hamden106
I pitch my bitch at scammers
Three calls today that my windows pc is f'd up. Well FU back scammer. And talk better English.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished
May 16, 2018, 05:58 PM
parabellum
Have you tried not answering your phone? You can avoid scammer phone calls with this one weird trick.
May 16, 2018, 06:00 PM
Big Grin

Q

May 16, 2018, 06:13 PM
bald1
If the caller isn't in my contacts list, the call is silenced and blocked so I am not bothered. Tactic works for me. Same for text messages. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
May 16, 2018, 06:24 PM
Graniteguy
I don't have a home phone. If you are not in my contacts list on my mobile - you go right to VM.
May 16, 2018, 06:54 PM
bean357
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have you tried not answering your phone? You can avoid scammer phone calls with this one weird trick.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Grin My husband used to get pissed when I would not answer my phone...If I do not know the number, I do not answer. I think he is ok with it now Smile
May 16, 2018, 08:46 PM
mutedblade
Having an air horn or really loud and obnoxious music has definitely cut back on the unwanted calls lately. As a matter of fact, I think I’m going on about 4 weeks with no calls. I even answered the ones where you need to push 3 to talk to an operator Wink.

May 16, 2018, 09:19 PM
Chowser
If I don't recognize the call, I let it go to VM which is a computer saying leave a message for my phone number. No name.

If I don't get a message, all the better.

I think TMO has the SCAM LIKELY caller ID. I've seen it on my phone a few times.

Pretty much, if you're not recognized and I'm not expecting a call, I don't answer.

Hell, I don't even answer some people on my contact list. They get voicemail and I don't respond. I'll wait for a text from them and answer if it says what they want. Don't need to chitchat when I know you want something, just get to it.

Not minority enough!
May 17, 2018, 07:12 AM
71 TRUCK
My wife and I do not answer our home phone unless we recognize the number and let our answering machine do it.
Last night we got a call with a computer generated voice telling us our apple cloud account has a problem and to not log into it.
The message told us we needed to call them first.
We also get the same voice mail that the IRS is coming to get us.
The sad question is how many people fall for this.
A friend told me about his family members that have lost money with the lottery phone scam more than once.
I worked with someone that gave out his bank account number to a scammer over the phone. As soon as he hung up he realized what he did and called his bank. Thankfully he did not lose any money.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member
May 17, 2018, 07:49 PM
YooperSigs
Some assholes spoofed a number close to my friends and I answered.
Big opportunity for a cruise! And Norovirus.
After hello, the spiel started and I said nothing. And kept up the silence just so I could see how long the caller would keep talking. This went for 4 minutes before the woman finally hung up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
May 17, 2018, 08:21 PM
dwright1951
My home phone is ALWAYS answered by the answering machine, if they leave a message that means something to me I call them back. My cell phone- if not on my contact list I do not answer, again they can leave a message. Now most of my home phone calls result in hangups as soon as the answering machine comes on.
May 17, 2018, 08:28 PM
RHINOWSO
Don't answer if I don't know the number or I'm expecting a work phone call.

For work, if they are cold calling they can leave a message.
May 17, 2018, 09:39 PM
BDMF
I received a call today from the Bangledesh office of Microsoft. I told them I'm Microsoft, their computer was infected and I needed a valid credit card number to fix it. The guy called me a naughty name and hung up on me. During the subsequent 27 return phone calls I made to them this afternoon I left approximately 15 voicemails of Icejjfish's "on The Floor" (Google it, drink excessively if you intend to listen for more than 38 seconds...) and the remaining calls I attempted to extend the hand of international friendship. The same guy keeps hanging up on me. I'm starting to think he doesnt want to be friends.

My kids said I need a hobby, I never really liked golf all that much.
May 17, 2018, 10:17 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
I have the ringer turned off on my house phone...I just checked and TODAY I show 13 unanswered phone calls from numbers I don't know...I don't answer my home phone since I answered it a while back and was infected with the 'bola and died, twice.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
May 17, 2018, 11:04 PM
Sailor1911
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I don't have a home phone. If you are not in my contacts list on my mobile - you go right to VM.

^^^^^This

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
May 18, 2018, 07:18 AM
RobC2
The weirdest call I received was when someone called me saying that my brother had been hurt badly and I needed to come. He got angry when I kept asking what my brother's name was. I guess I was supposed to get all flustered and supply it? Not sure how this one works. Anyway, I don't have a brother.
May 18, 2018, 11:50 PM
sagemind100
Most times I don’t take calls that the number is not on my contact list... the only reason I do it is that some old friends might changed their phone, it could be an emergency and my kid or wife might be using someone else’s phone...besides that I do talk to people I don’t know.
May 19, 2018, 02:53 PM
Fredward
I think Heather from Credit Services is in love with me.
May 19, 2018, 09:44 PM
cparktd
Yea, got the "Your Windows PC is corrupted" you must call us back immediately so we can help you save it. EXTREMELY urgent!!!! This was a voice mail a couple weeks ago.

We don't have a Windows PC. All Apple stuff through and through here.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
May 20, 2018, 11:39 AM
NK402
So many of them are just recordings but for the times you get a real person, check the Tom Mabes clips on YouTube. Hilarious.