SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I am being "Menanced" by a squirrel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am being "Menanced" by a squirrel Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
...Dog ran one up the tree yesterday, it sat on a branch JUST out of her reach and cussed at her. Dog was pissed, I was crying I was laughing so hard...

One of my aunts had a German Shepherd that would get into the same situation, squirrel just out of reach. The dog died early one winter, my aunt got a rescue shortly after that, this dog being a few inches taller than the one the squirrel was not afraid of. Wasn't afraid of the new dog, either. Didn't live long enough to fear it.

That's hilarious. Serves the squirrel right. Reminds me of a friend of mine who had a big brown mutt. I don't think any of us knew what kind of dog it actually was. There was a squirrel that would tease that dog mercilessly from the top of the fence around his yard. It ran him in circles, jumping across the corners. This went on for years. Then one day the squirrel missed his jump, and the dog took out all those years of frustration in about 5 seconds.

I guess the old saying is true. There are old squirrels and there are bold squirrels; but there are no old, bold squirrels.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want comedy gold, you want to see me trying to throw a ball. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in my prime, and now with my shoulders and elbows all worn out, I'm lucky to hit the ground.

Okay, we are going to need to see video proof. SF members are more than qualified to judge IF it truly is comedy gold.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
Squirrels can be a pita. I had some in KC that would chuck walnuts at me when I mowed. Fuckers. I learned that it's not enough just to trap a squirrel and move it down the street. You need to take the little bastards like 10 miles away or they come back. Or I guess you can take them for a swim as my mother-in-law suggested...

Place trap in full bathtub.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Ruger 10/22 with a cheap Redfield 2-7x, a GemTech can, and GemTech subsonic ammo.between my neighbor and I, we're at about 17 for the summer, and we have very happy birds and flowers.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an app for that.

Gamo pellet gun.

Posts: 3048 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: May 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My dog hates them, and she is quick when she wants to be. I found a decapitated squirell head with a spinal column hanging out of it one time...I guess that one was either slow, stupid, or both. She has also killed a family of possums.

Currently I have a chipmunk who's been running around the house trying to figure out how to get inside. He's fast, and smart enough to stay out of the back yard where the dog is. I've been carrying around the single-six loaded with rat shot, just waiting for him to show his face again...

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I've been carrying around the single-six loaded with rat shot, just waiting for him to show his face again...

My favorite remedy for the little bastiges.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I've been carrying around the single-six loaded with rat shot, just waiting for him to show his face again...

Jeez, you have to stalk them up close.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
quote:

Jeez, you have to stalk them up close.

The ones around here are ballsy little corksoakers. I can usually get within 6-8 feet while they DARE me to catch them.

Been trying to hit them with the Crosman, but haven't seen any since I upgraded to the steel breech and better sights.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You know there is this great thing for dealing with squirrels.

Guns.

Just sayin'.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post