SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lazy people at Computer...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lazy people at Computer... Login/Join 
posted
People too lazy to cross check billing address with shipping address on package deliveries.

Item is an article of clothing being shipped from Massachuettes to Arizona via Fed-Ex then handed off to USPS which had my address without the apartment number. Took eleven days for package to make the trip.

Package comes to Tucson post office and then is returned to shipper because no apartment number is labeled.

Regular post mailman was on vacation. Fill in person apparently was clueless.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
When I leave invoices for my customers, I also leave a pre-printed envelope for them to use to send payment.

The address that is on the pre-printed envelope is taken from the USPS website zip-code checking page, and is formatted exactly as shown on the USPS website.

I have been doing this for more than ten years. It works just fine. Until. Last month, one of my good customers communicated with me, telling me that the payment she had sent me in my pre-addressed envelope had been returned, marked "Not Deliverable At This Address." I told her that it was the correct address, the same address that she had been using for years.

She hand-addressed her own envelope, using the exact same address, and it was delivered to me the next day, with the "undeliverable" envelope inside it.

As soon as I have time, I'ma go have a chat with the postmaster at the Apopka post office.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I know it's a pain in the ass, but how is the carrier supposed to know? If it's not a large complex I'd call it lazy, but non-regular carriers are usually being pushed to go as fast as they can, no excuses.
I have people at an apartment complex who get half their mail without a #. If I'm not there, there's no way for my relief guy to know without going through each box (I have them labeled on the inside). We can't leave stuff laying around anymore because of scans.
I'd recommend putting the APT #, with your name, or with the street address. Not in the "Apt or suite #" section of the address.
If it's Fedex, or UPS I wonder if half the address wasn't smudged off the label by the time your carrier got it. I've been getting quite a few like that, sometimes the barcode is jacked up or covered, which throws the package into limbo. Humans doing things the old fashion way, you know, actually looking at them, is a "time wasting practice".

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I know it's a pain in the ass, but how is the carrier supposed to know? If it's not a large complex I'd call it lazy, but non-regular carriers are usually being pushed to go as fast as they can, no excuses.
I have people at an apartment complex who get half their mail without a #. If I'm not there, there's no way for my relief guy to know without going through each box (I have them labeled on the inside). We can't leave stuff laying around anymore because of scans.
I'd recommend putting the APT #, with your name, or with the street address. Not in the "Apt or suite #" section of the address.
If it's Fedex, or UPS I wonder if half the address wasn't smudged off the label by the time your carrier got it. I've been getting quite a few like that, sometimes the barcode is jacked up or covered, which throws the package into limbo. Humans doing things the old fashion way, you know, actually looking at them, is a "time wasting practice".

I don't even know if the package got on the USPS delivery truck.

However, the regular delivery guy knows me and knows that address sometimes get screwed up. My prior address presented a problem with some shippers computer. Add "Boulevard or circle" and an apartment number to a shipping address and sometimes the apt number is omitted. It's a software issue, I'm told.

Anyway, I closed out the account because it's the second time I've had a mailing problem with them.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
When I leave invoices for my customers, I also leave a pre-printed envelope for them to use to send payment.

The address that is on the pre-printed envelope is taken from the USPS website zip-code checking page, and is formatted exactly as shown on the USPS website.

I have been doing this for more than ten years. It works just fine. Until. Last month, one of my good customers communicated with me, telling me that the payment she had sent me in my pre-addressed envelope had been returned, marked "Not Deliverable At This Address." I told her that it was the correct address, the same address that she had been using for years.

She hand-addressed her own envelope, using the exact same address, and it was delivered to me the next day, with the "undeliverable" envelope inside it.

As soon as I have time, I'ma go have a chat with the postmaster at the Apopka post office.

I see mine from time to time praying on a piece of cardboard in the cul-de-sac. Maybe your mailman is his brother. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update:

Regular mailman came to work on Tuesday, saw the package at the Post Office, he said, and wondered why it wasn't delivered.

So, yesterday he delivered it to me.

I'm told by apartment management that the regular mailman is well rewarded at Christmas time. I'm in for a generous tip.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't even know if the package got on the USPS delivery truck.

Every day I get a email with a scan of the mail that will be delivered to my mailbox. It has a section to notify them if items are not delivered. Rarely do I get anything of any importance as most is electronic these days.

I must be lucky as my mail service is great. Nice when you have the same people and they are your neighbors doing the job.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post