SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who ignore a No Soliciting sign.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who ignore a No Soliciting sign. Login/Join 
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
At my old house, we got at least 1-2 per week in the summer. I got them constantly until I put up a No Soliciting, Politics, or Religion sign. Then they would still show up, but would only leave a flyer. Extremely annoying. I even had our local shitbird demorat state rep come to my door and I just told him it wasn't a good time and he left.

I had one group of Mormons decide to ignore the sign. I opened the door, the guy said something and I just pointed and said "Read the sign" and slammed the door in their face. My wife was pissed, because she doesn't like it when I'm rude. Unfortunately, I don't care.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I have cameras and am able to see who is there. I just don't answer the door. The intrusion are few and far between but still an annoyance considering the no soliciting sign. Not really a big deal.

I had a little kid selling chocolates who kept ringing my bell. I answered the door and while buying some treats I pointed to the sign. He asked what no soliciting meant. I had to laugh. I didn't bother explaining.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear of religious solicitors like jw , I'm reminded of this
https://youtu.be/qcKye-5iMCk

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sign on the door says "Absolutely No Soliciting"...

When they still stop by, I point to the sign, and never open the door.

A couple of weeks ago, a guy rang the bell in the dark of the night... That one got a call to the Sheriff's office... It's a typical break in ploy...

Marc

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
When we had three large German shepherds, we would get the jehovahs witnesses stop occasionally. The funniest time, (to me) was when I went to see who it was, all three dogs jumped in front of me and jumped at the door, the poor guy turned sheet white and jumped back 3 feet. Of course I didn’t really have to tell him I wasn’t interested.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Some posts state that they threaten, or imply, the use of force, even going so far as to display a firearm. How is this helpful to the legitimate right of self defense? It would be near impossible to defend as justifiable homicide. Or is it just internet bluster?

These people have a vote too. Using firearms, or the threat of a firearm, against irritating-but-harmless behavior is counter productive. It sure won’t strengthen anybody’s support of the RKBA.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We live on a dirt road and it's a bit over 100 ft. to the door. So we don't get many solicitors.

Nonetheless: I think I'll be putting up a "Post No Bills - No Soliciting" sign, with "We don't vote, so you go away too!" under it, for the political canvassers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Heck, I just wish visitors would use the FRONT door. I consider my back patio private... stuff happens there OK? And, the first door you come to around back just goes into the Garage Roll Eyes

I can't get even friends and family to go to the front door, even though it is more direct from the drive than the back door is. At least my daughters know I am often armed so they don't come around unannounced or enter without knocking.

I put an alarm on the drive so I get some warning of visitors and
I have also toyed with the idea of a gate and a sign to the back walk...

STOP!
For your SAFETY
and our privacy
~ALL VISITORS~
Use front door.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post