SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LGS not delivering my gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS not delivering my gun Login/Join 
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

so,, I say, you have been delayed,, and usually it is much more than an hour,,,

Maybe I misread - are you saying you tell the customer they are delayed when they aren’t actually delayed as an excuse to catch up?

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

so,, I say, you have been delayed,, and usually it is much more than an hour,,,

Maybe I misread - are you saying you tell the customer they are delayed when they aren’t actually delayed as an excuse to catch up?

here's what I typed, and I corrected a typo or 2,
hopefully it makes better sense?

quote:

when doing the paperwork I'll ask if they have ever been delayed,,

oh no,, never, it always goes thru in an hour,, (says the customer)

so,, I say, you have been delayed,, (and usually it is much more than an hour,,,)

I ask if they have ever been delayed, some say no, some say for a short period of time, esp when the person is in just before closing,

I have no say in the delay, the State and Feds do (We are a POC state)

Mr or Miss only an hour almost always means half a day, esp during these odd times

FWIW, I can put the firearm in the bound book while the customer is filling out the state form, and put them in the VSP system (NICS) while they do the Fed Form (4473)

only time I need to catch up is a busy gunshow, and that has no bearing on helping a customer

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a issue with smaller gun shops where only one person (owner) can do the receiving, bound book, etcetera.

I had this happen to me when the owner, a control freak, went on vacation and all the shipments sat in the back pending his return. Eventually he took the time to train another employee properly.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I had a rifle sent from my friend in Washington. I went to my local FFL, and he said have your buddy ship it directly here. He just wanted a copy of my buddy’s ID.

Gun was shipped. They called about 20 minutes after it arrived. Said it’s ready to be picked up. I came by the next day. Filled out the form. He called it in and was good to go. Total time spent in the shop, about 12 minutes.

Super smooth transaction. Great shop too. These are the guys that mounted the Vulcan to the Prius for Black Rifle Coffee Co.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Glad you got your gun, unfortunate that it wasn't in a timely manner.

From the dealer's perspective, nothing worse than having some dude updating his UPS tracking like a madman and showing up at a busy shop 30 seconds after the delivery when nobody has any idea what he's talking about. Especially now when it's all hands on deck.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My local shops asks for 24 hours with transfers. It’s a small shop, mostly fishing, usually one of two able to do gun transfers.

I do watch delivery tracking, then call & ask when it’s a good time to come.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last shop I used in south Florida would not only not call when an inbound transfer was received, if you went in or called to ask - this was the response:

"Have you checked the tracking to see if its here yet?"

They preferred the customer to know when the gun came in. No individual notice given, but friendly and quick service when doing the background & transfer.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My shop here in South Florida, allows 24 hours to log it in, etc. before they call to tell you, that it can be picked up.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post