SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Squirrels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squirrels Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We are at our cabin....no work and son has no school....tomorrow is war time...100 rounds of 12 ga, 100 rounds of 20 ga....a lot less clean up with a shotgun

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
D-Con in a bird feeder will also kill a lot of birds

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You can always save the squirrel tails and sell them to Mepps Spinners:

http://www.mepps.com/programs/squirrel-tail/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
If it makes you feel better, i picked off three of them from my back fence before breakfast.

Oh, try some pepper spray on your tree. Should keep them off.

Lately they have been stripping my cherry tree. Will pepper spray damage the fruit?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Any sort of projectile is not really going to be an option in my neighborhood, although I wish it was. A friend last night said he puts decon in a bird feeder near his peach trees. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Please don't use poison. It'll also kill birds any any predators/scavengers that eat the squirrels.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Any sort of projectile is not really going to be an option in my neighborhood, although I wish it was. A friend last night said he puts decon in a bird feeder near his peach trees. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Please don't use poison. It'll also kill birds any any predators/scavengers that eat the squirrels.

The wife talked me out of poison. I sprinkled cayenne pepper on the trailer bunks and they didn't touch them for the couple days the boat was still off the trailer. I did catch one of the bastards chewing on my neighbor's pontoon trailer carpet. He wasn't too concerned since his trailer needs a total rebuild anyway.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I left my Fiskars pruning shears out for several days and the squirrels chewed the rubber grips. Mad At least the Coopers hawk has taken out a few of them.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post