SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Squirrels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squirrels Login/Join 
posted
Little bastards decided that the bunk carpet on my boat trailer makes good nesting material Mad Came home yesterday and one whole bunk was stripped. I'd love to shoot the little tree rats, but there is not an angle I can get where I don't have a neighbors house as a backstop.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Assholes have decided my tree is building materials too. That fucker is going to kill my tree.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to knock them out with subsonic 22 lately. Came home yesterday to find my local pair of Red Shouldered hawks munching on one so that made me happy.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
They will eat and ruin anything they can. Car wiring is a favorite as well as the aluminum straps that hold my chain link fence to the posts. I believe they use them to sharpen their teeth.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Flour, brown then in the iron skillet with onions for awhile. They are so tasty you will forget about all the trouble they have caused. I love seeing squirrels in the yard. It's just dinner getting fat. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
22 shot shells. Won't go far enough to hurt neighbors.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harvart trap em. Just don't be an asshole and release it out in the country without checking around. Lots of nut tree farms around here and it makes farmers mental when folks drop off city tree rats and make it their problem.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
Daisy 880, .177 cal use varment pellets but bbs work i have been killing tree rats for forty years with one

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
Flour, brown then in the iron skillet with onions for awhile. They are so tasty you will forget about all the trouble they have caused. I love seeing squirrels in the yard. It's just dinner getting fat. Chris

Seasoned flour.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Little bastards decided that the bunk carpet on my boat trailer makes good nesting material Mad Came home yesterday and one whole bunk was stripped. I'd love to shoot the little tree rats, but there is not an angle I can get where I don't have a neighbors house as a backstop.

Can you get out on the perimeter and and find an angle of fire inwards? Maybe get a big pile of dirt and throw bait out in front of it. And use the recommended pellet/bb gun.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full size Rat Traps.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
luckily my brother's insurance company payed for the $5500 cost to replace almost all the wiring in his truck. Nice of the car manufacturers to be environmentally conscious and use soy in wire insulation.

Posts: 157 | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:

Seasoned flour.

Here in Maryland that's with a little Old Bay seasoning. Good Stuff. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronbo1012:
luckily my brother's insurance company payed for the $5500 cost to replace almost all the wiring in his truck. Nice of the car manufacturers to be environmentally conscious and use soy in wire insulation.

Had the same thing happen. Had to completely rewire the truck. Who knew USAA covered rodent damage? Little bastards gnaw on everything. I have 2 oaks on the property so they are always around.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A squirrel is nothing more than a rat with a press agent .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel better, i picked off three of them from my back fence before breakfast.

Oh, try some pepper spray on your tree. Should keep them off.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
OC should work, the electric utilities have been incorporating it into wiring insulation for years to keep the little buggers from chewing up the wiring.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
Squirrels are the reason the suppressor on the P22 never cools off around here. I hate the little bastards.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any sort of projectile is not really going to be an option in my neighborhood, although I wish it was. A friend last night said he puts decon in a bird feeder near his peach trees. Does anyone see any issues with this?

I wish I could just let my border collie loose in my front yard, she's keep the things at bay and have the time of her life. She's caught two in the fenced in back yard already.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Live-trap them and ship them to Holden Beach.

http://whotv.com/2017/04/13/sq...y-at-ice-cream-shop/

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post