SIGforum
Squirrels

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3300075224

April 16, 2017, 07:11 PM
hvyhawler
Squirrels
We are at our cabin....no work and son has no school....tomorrow is war time...100 rounds of 12 ga, 100 rounds of 20 ga....a lot less clean up with a shotgun
April 16, 2017, 07:38 PM
arfmel
D-Con in a bird feeder will also kill a lot of birds
April 18, 2017, 10:55 AM
You can always save the squirrel tails and sell them to Mepps Spinners:

http://www.mepps.com/programs/squirrel-tail/

April 20, 2017, 10:16 AM
RogB
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
If it makes you feel better, i picked off three of them from my back fence before breakfast.

Oh, try some pepper spray on your tree. Should keep them off.

Lately they have been stripping my cherry tree. Will pepper spray damage the fruit?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
April 20, 2017, 04:32 PM
Jus228
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Any sort of projectile is not really going to be an option in my neighborhood, although I wish it was. A friend last night said he puts decon in a bird feeder near his peach trees. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Please don't use poison. It'll also kill birds any any predators/scavengers that eat the squirrels.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
April 21, 2017, 07:06 AM
KDR
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
Any sort of projectile is not really going to be an option in my neighborhood, although I wish it was. A friend last night said he puts decon in a bird feeder near his peach trees. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Please don't use poison. It'll also kill birds any any predators/scavengers that eat the squirrels.

The wife talked me out of poison. I sprinkled cayenne pepper on the trailer bunks and they didn't touch them for the couple days the boat was still off the trailer. I did catch one of the bastards chewing on my neighbor's pontoon trailer carpet. He wasn't too concerned since his trailer needs a total rebuild anyway.

April 21, 2017, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately, I left my Fiskars pruning shears out for several days and the squirrels chewed the rubber grips. Mad At least the Coopers hawk has taken out a few of them.