SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today I was told my use of Spic & Span to describe the cleanliness of a kitchen was racist.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I was told my use of Spic & Span to describe the cleanliness of a kitchen was racist. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
many years ago I had a three page complaint put in my personal file at a place of employment, it was titled, "Inappropriate sexual content complaint" allegedly made by a female employee.

After three hours of inquiries , it turns out that a guy at the gun counter asked me to go deer hunting with him , with the stipulation that I had to help carry out what ever he shoots, after field dressing.

The lady that made the complaint told me that she complained that she was grossly offended
as she was a vegan . she never mentioned anything about sex, and she came with me to the office to get it all straightened out.

I quit a month later and the store closed two months later.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to "Ignorance is bliss." now it's just more sophomoric turmoil that the rest of us have to endure.
Can't you complain about her invasion of your privacy? Little twit!

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have said:
"Thanks for pointing out my offensive speech. Its mighty white of you"!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Even comedians are having to deal with these delicate, easily offended snowflakes!

Jay Leno called ‘kind of racist’ by intern for disliking Mexican food

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Are Spic and Span cleaning products still made? It is very probable that Miss Snowflake has never seen the brand. (Edited to properly spell the name.)

It's VERY probably Miss Snowflake never cleaned a thing in her life and mommy still does it for her!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Even comedians are having to deal with these delicate, easily offended snowflakes!

Jay Leno called ‘kind of racist’ by intern for disliking Mexican food

Not liking Mexican food doesn't make you a racist, it makes you a subhuman mutant, that needs to be burned to ashes, then the ashes need to be sealed in concrete blocks, the blocks tossed into a river, and the river hurled into space. Doesn't like Mexican food, Christ almighty, what a monster.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Ignorance is it's own punishment.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
She's clearly an idiot. Not sure it is worth the breath to educate her.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I'd buy a box of spic n span and place it prominently on the break room table/counter.

Those who want to be offended will always find a way to be offended.

Thank god I'm oblivious. Life is so much easier.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quite and entirely new. A spic is a spike or nail, and a span is a chip. So that a spick and span ship is one in which every nail and chip is new. The more common expression today is spick and span, meaning all neat, clean, bright, and tidy.

Origins, in case you need to educate an HR idiot too.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I'd buy a box of spic n span and place it prominently on the break room table/counter.
Yup. That would be my answer if I worked there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Several years ago my Mom and Dad "adopted" a black cocker spaniel whose name was "Spooky". My Dad was telling his coworkers about said dog and was labeled as racist due to the name he didnt even give the damn dog.

My friend has an all white dog named "Mr. Tibbs".
He stands in his doorway calling the dog for all to hear.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I also seem to recall the expression being popular when a particular house cleaning agent was branded "Spic 'n' Span." But I'm old.

Yeah, me, too!

Is there any cure, or hope, for these uneducated, uninformed snow flake mental midgets?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Kevin, the only problem with your answer is that it is most likely totally impossible to educate her about anything!

These morons are so convinced of their "rightness" that they are incapable of accepting any opposing views or ideas, or even facts for that matter.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

Kevin, the only problem with your answer is that it is most likely totally impossible to educate her about anything!

These morons are so convinced of their "rightness" that they are incapable of accepting any opposing views or ideas, or even facts for that matter.

Yep. The appropriate response is "bless your heart".

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
Several years ago my Mom and Dad "adopted" a black cocker spaniel whose name was "Spooky". My Dad was telling his coworkers about said dog and was labeled as racist due to the name he didnt even give the damn dog.

My friend has an all white dog named "Mr. Tibbs".
He stands in his doorway calling the dog for all to hear.

Funny you should mention that. We had a cat I named Mr. Christian. I loved being able to call him in at night and do my best Charles Laughton impersonation: "Mr. Christian come heeyar"

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

This "In Spades" Razz

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read this thread and think of my son telling me that feminists are calling for a boycott of the movie, "Wonderwoman" because the hero has shaved her armpits!

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"Spic 'n' Span."
Today, I'm self identifying as a bridge, so I can find this offensive.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post