SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today I was told my use of Spic & Span to describe the cleanliness of a kitchen was racist.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I was told my use of Spic & Span to describe the cleanliness of a kitchen was racist. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
She's accused you of something that could potentially impact your employment and career if taken seriously by HR. Wouldn't it be great if you could turn it around and lodge a complaint against her for false accusation that would put her in a bind?

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She had no business commenting after overhearing your comment. You should have just got in her face and said Fuck OFF, nosey.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I named my first Lab Sambo...wonderful dog.

Posts: 1638 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be sure not to leave any Uncle Bens rice or Aunt Jemima syrup in the breakroom. That would be cause for immediate termination due to a microaggression.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know Amazon is offensive to large women as well. Think we should boycott their products. You know the Navy still has the Fat Boy program for oveweight guys? We don't like being objectified.

It was not that long ago when people laughed at Archie Bunker and Al Bundy. This world is crazy.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
OMG this thread is killing me. Its great! I had a dog in the 70s early 80's. Black Lab/Doberman mix. Her name was ZULU. After the largest tribe in Africa. It was my Dads favorite movie as well.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes spare no effort to be offended. Take this example:

Negro Bill Canyon. Prior to that name, it had a somewhat more offensive name. There's a movement afoot to change it into something generic. Interestingly enough, those most expected to be offended (blacks) are offfended they are trying to change the name and dilute the history and heritage of the canyon. (And yes, it's a beautiful place to hike, as is almost anywhere in Utah!)

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
When my son died 8 years ago, we took his dog, a brindle Pit Bull he named Jigga (he was a Jay Z fan).
It was a bit awkward when my black neighbors asked me what the dog's name was.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16489 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean - without blemish or blot -
That your blackness is mirrored in me."[

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
I read this thread and think of my son telling me that feminists are calling for a boycott of the movie, "Wonderwoman" because the hero has shaved her armpits!

That's a shame - think of what Fuller Brush would have paid for that product placement!

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
http://www.adversity.net/special/niggardly.htm

Fired for using the word.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I'd buy a box of spic n span and place it prominently on the break room table/counter.

Lots of little white flakes in the box.

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
She sounds like a total moron to me.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Lord, I had flashbacks of scrubbing my parents kitchen floors with that shit.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I bet she is genuinely ignorant of the existence of Spic and Span and of the use of the expression to mean that something is sparkling clean.

But it is still fun to laugh at her ignorance and readiness to be offended and to report you for it.

What would she make of a phrase like "grease monkey." Double racist!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Human Resources, fifty years ago the term did not exist. Things were okay back then.

Posts: 267 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I'd buy a box of spic n span and place it prominently on the break room table/counter.

Lots of little white flakes in the box.

TRIGGERED! Cultural appropriation!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Who are the Spans?

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who are the Spans?

They are in their SAFE PLACE.

Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
10+ years ago I had a white cat.

his name was Cracker. Cracker ran off in the middle of the night during a storm Frown

never came back, maybe it was his name that drove him away.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post