SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Have Had It with a Couple Doctors offices...and others
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have Had It with a Couple Doctors offices...and others Login/Join 
posted
This may be a long rant but I have to vent. I have been taking mom to a lot of doctor appointments lately, but the last couple have really pissed me off and made me loose whatever tiny bit of patience I had in these screwed up times. I am not taking this crap any longer and going to hurt some feelings.
First incidence was at her primary care. We wore our stupid masks and went in to the lobby to have our temps taken and answer all the form questions, but here is the catch. She has asthma which is clearly on her records and she has been to this office for the last 30 or 40 years. Under the state guidelines she does not even have to wear their mask but she will do it with it pulled away a bit and not completely covering her nose to breathe easier. Well, the nurse or whatever she is, goes through all the stuff and tells her to pull the mask up, so Mom tells her of the problem but the nurse tells her again to pull it up. I spoke up then telling the the same thing and reminding them that she was not required to wear it at all and they could look at her records even though they know her from all the visits. She argues with us a bit then jumps up...locks the door to prevent us from going in (mom is using a walker by the way so needs to go sit down) and runs down to another door before finally coming back and with a very bitchy attitude allows us to go in.
Now the next one is just yesterday at another doctor office. They have a little table in the vestibule where they do the same things like temp etc. but no one is there or anywhere to be seen. So, I take her on in and immediately get yelled at by someone sitting on their ass, yacking, behind the reception counter to go back outside. I say I need to check her in and point out no one was out there but there comes the yelling again. Finally this idiot lady that was yelling comes out after I said very loudly while stepping out, that someone needs to get off their ass and be where they are supposed to be and do their job.. It got even better though. She got the same "mask" speech and I was ready to really let loose but held back, reminding them of the same exemption. I was so pissed that after they took her back, I went out to move my car directly in front of the door to wait, and after a few minutes saw a lady there for an appointment walk right through the doors with no one stopping her or making her step back into the vestibule which was directly in front of me and clearly visible from car.
I am sick of these people that don't know their own rules they are supposed to enforce on us little peasants and seem to love their little bit of authority. I sent a complaint letter to the first doctors office and after I calm down a bit am doing the same for this second one.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Call the practice and speak with the administrator. Let them know the issues and let them know you won't be back if it continues. If you have a way to let the doctor know as well it will help give some emphasis to the administrator.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6727 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell them you are filing a complaint with the Americans with Disabilty department for discrimination.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to calling the practice to complain, call them about one hour prior to arriving and inform them of the asthma and that you may have to remove the mask if she has trouble breathing. If they still have issues, inform them to have an oxygen tank and mask available for her to use in case of issues.

Make copies of the guidelines and exemptions and highlight the pertinent part. Once in to see the doctor, make sure to inform him/her of the issue with the office staff.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I saw my Doc yesterday for annual labs and a routine checkup etc.

The Docs nurse pulled my blood last week in their office.

All they had me, and others do, is sit in the car and they'd call when it's my turn to go in.

I wore my mask, Doc wore his, we have a nice visit.

I went home.

It was nothing, except for wearing a mask.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
Tell them you are filing a complaint with the Americans with Disabilty department for discrimination.

This right here, it's past time for this shit to end.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Totally unacceptable. Those bitches need to be fired pronto.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Some people are just part of the mask gestapo.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good suggestions I had not thought of yet. Thanks. One thing is clear...when someone stands up to them they don't know how to react.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tleo205,

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't know how to react, because most people will cower and comply with no resistance.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Saw my doc last month. He walks into the room, sees me wearing a mask and says “You already had Covid. You’re immune, so you don’t need to wear a mask.”

I replied “Maybe you should tell that to your staff, because they won’t let me in the office without one.” Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Be a good little German and wear that Star of David now.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who owns the practice? When you find out who that is compose a brief letter outlining your concerns. Letters typically are read and put into the record. I have had four appointments with physicians the last two weeks and all went smoothly.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Who owns the practice? When you find out who that is compose a brief letter outlining your concerns. Letters typically are read and put into the record. I have had four appointments with physicians the last two weeks and all went smoothly.

The office is part of Wake Forest Baptist Health Care(Hospital) System. I mailed a complaint letter to their office that handles patient relations/concerns as well as the actual office.

posted Hide Post
OK. Excellent. The behavior was over the top and abusive. Let us know what happens. I also send letters when I receive excellent care from a physician. I can tell you that those are very much appreciated.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post