SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility. Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted
Thanks, USPS, I have been a supporter but this important package that was set for a two-day delivery is now at 7 days. How are there 4 separate facilities in my one town.

Rant off

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
You, too?
I’m at nine days total with “in transit” from the closest distribution center to my town for six days.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
This is to make other offices relevant to keep the from being shut down.
Gotta keep those union dues coming in.

https://www.aol.com/article/fi...L-v5mUBHF7eHN9TpsWaQ

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
I mailed a barrel blank from Tn to Wyoming. It took 23 days to arrive in Wyoming. Eighteen days to get from Nashville to Memphis alone.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1088 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Has absolutely nothing to do with Unions. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
From the article: "It's about management chasing their numbers,"

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent a 2 day priority envelope from Nashville Nov 23 to Minneapolis. "In transit" for 7 days & arrived in Indianapolis on Nov 30. Received by my sister on Dec 4.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our local Postmaster made a delivery about 8pm the other night. "We are buried in Amazon Packages".

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
DHL for me...same lame excuse...all week it sat in Avenel, NJ until today...still hasn't been turned over to the USPS for delivery...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I use them when I want an overnight package delivered in three days, then get my money back Wink

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Our local Postmaster made a delivery about 8pm the other night.

I was expecting a check in the mail yesterday. Not sure what time the postal carrier actually delivered the mail, but I know it was after 8PM - that was the last time I checked the mailbox.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I always cringe whenever I see my packages heading for the Twin Cities. They'll bounce around there like a ball in a pin ball machine for 3-4 days before they finally spit it out.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Package made it after a two-day priority, nine-day trip. It was cold and malnourished (just kidding) but happy to be rehomed.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
So it's not just me? Three packages in the last month. I'm still waiting for 2 of them.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think USPS is behind the power curve on transitioning from letter delivery to package delivery.

Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I’ll have to lower my expectations on the delivery date for three packages headed my way. All of them are coming via USPS and and are late.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Let me join the crowd of frustrated and disappointed customers of the USPS. My package left the shipper on Wednesday of this week and was sent usps priority mail. It was scheduled to be delivered yesterday but wasn’t. Now it’s scheduled for today and we’ll see. My point being that the distance between the pickup and delivery is 149 miles. In (hopefully) 4 days. That’s 37 miles per day. Priority mail my ass.

The USPS needs to be disbanded and privatized. A private company who performed as poorly as the USPS does would soon be out of business.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:

Has absolutely nothing to do with Unions. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

=Keeping the office open and the dues pouring in.
I think I do know a little about the postal service.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:

I think I do know a little about the postal service.
You do know what SevenPlusOne does for a living, right?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long until the USPS is absorbed by UPS/FEDEX/Amazon?

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
How long until the USPS is absorbed by UPS/FEDEX/Amazon?

The sooner the better. Can’t happen soon enough.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post